Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just recently joined and have a couple of questions that have probally already been answer'd.. mods can delete after someone helps me out real quick but i just had a few...

-when is the actual release date? i have heard october, and i have heard first 1/4 of '09?

-on the SS model would you have to get the RS package to get all red tail lights? i've seen some with the signals yellow.. didn't care for the look :/

-is there any numbers out there for what the V8 will get for gas milage.. i hear 27 for the v6 but no V8 numbers yet?

and thats all... thanks for the help guys :hello:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I believe I can help with question #2:

The pics that you have seen of Camaros with amber rear markers, are of international spec cars. Something about the laws of our friends across the pond and down under, etc... US spec Camaros will have red taillights only no matter what trim level. The only difference in the RS package in regards to the taillights is that they are darker red in RS trim.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
hey guys, just recently joined and have a couple of questions that have probally already been answer'd.. mods can delete after someone helps me out real quick but i just had a few...

-when is the actual release date? i have heard october, and i have heard first 1/4 of '09?

-on the SS model would you have to get the RS package to get all red tail lights? i've seen some with the signals yellow.. didn't care for the look :/

-is there any numbers out there for what the V8 will get for gas milage.. i hear 27 for the v6 but no V8 numbers yet?

march 09 production starts oct.

the us verions will be all red and the rs package add a black out panel? and chrome?

add give me a min i'll find it...

23 hwy=v8

here you go
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7001&highlight=production

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts

Pricing: Dec 16, 2008.... Release: First 1/4 2009 (on or about March 1)

Amber taillamps are for overseas vehicles; Europe and Australia. All US models will have red taillamps with the RS optioned cars having a 'smoked' version.

Preliminary MGP estimates for both A6/M6 V8 cars is 23 MPG.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Just to confirm everyone else....

Production starts October.
September Indy show releases more cars/info.
SEMA will be VERY Camaro-ized this year.
Prices released in December (so dealer orders then as well).
In dealerships March '09.

Yellow taillights are only because cars were in Australia.

Estimated hwy numbers for V8 are 23-24, but I'm sure it will get better than that. Most times they underestimate it, because the tests aren't real world, and you get in more trouble if you over-estimate. :D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Dang, Jonz, we really do think alike. Same cars, then same posts at the same time... :)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Works for me. But if I get bizarre sometimes, you'll have to switch and be the straight man. :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
where did you guys hear production started in October??? I could have sworn when they released all in info last month, they said February 16th was the start date.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
LMAO! You have an answer for everything!:lol:
Except how much the Camaro will cost. :D

where did you guys hear production started in October??? I could have sworn when they released all in info last month, they said February 16th was the start date.
Announced a long time ago. I think Feb 16th was the date they said it would "go on sale" when they had their big release of the production models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts