Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The second tuesday of every month at 5:00 PM, starting in April, there is a get together at the intersection of Hwy 20 & 14 at the BP/Arby's called the Mill, west of Cedar Falls about 14 miles. Parking lot is nice and big and a lot of big rigs stop there as well.

Anyway, it's a chance for car people to hang out, have a good time, eat some Arby's, BBQ, tail gate, or whatever. :bigparty:

There's usually close to 100 cars there every time and sometimes the lot is so full folks have to park over by the big rigs and along the service lane.

April was cold and rainy so only 3 of us drove our cars, but 10 showed up overall. :(

Today was different. 94 degress, mostly sunny, and windy as heck. Lots of folks showed up, but things were cut short for Domino and a few others since a thunderstorm was barreling due east on Hwy 20 coming right at us. Nanci and I and a few others left about 5 minutes ahead of the storm. :eek:

Got some nice photos for everyone though before we headed for home. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've been thinking of going on a little vacation. Maybe I will drive all the way there from NJ!! What other attractions are there in the area?!

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, in the summertime we watch the corn grow. :D

I do car shows all summer, but there's the NASCAR track in Newton, Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids, Adventure Land for the kids in Des Moines, etc. Chicago is 5 hours away, Minneapolis/St Paul is 3 1/2 hours away, and St Louis is 6 hours away from Cedar Falls.

There's lots to do, but I warn you... Iowa is HOT, MUGGY, AND BUGGY in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts