Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interestingly enough, when I talked to the insurance dude (Allstate) last week on the phone when I was informing him we're getting a new Camaro SS, and after giving him the VIN number, he quoted me it would be 345 every 6 months. Ok, with a perfect driving record with no violations/claims and near perfect credit, that's very do-able. Well....get the declarations page and after all the "discounts" were tallied in, our insurance bill for the new car, listed as pleasure vehicle only, is at $463 every 6 months! Ouch! Didn't see that coming. Not that it's a huge deal or anything because we'll obviously be paying it, but that's about $20 more per month than was quoted on the phone (a tad over 77 bucks/month vice 57 and change per month). Never paid that much for insurance in my life. Are quoted rates (this has been my insurance dude for everything the past five years) that much different than actual rates? Wonder why I was given the low-ball over the phone by someone I trust with my insurance?

I did a progressive online quote and quickly left...it was nearly 100 per month! No thanks...that makes Allstate look cheap.

Just curious, if you feel like divulging the info, is that about normal or is this a hose job? What are the rest of y'all paying?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
there's so many variables that go into it...I'm sure some are paying a lot more, and some a lot less.

I pay a little under $700/year. But there's a discount figured in because it's through the same company that handles our homeowners insurance. It comes out to about $75 more a year than my wife's Rav4 is.

I'm happy...I figured it'd be more.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I have state farm and with my discounts and all i pay $373 every 6 months thats with a $50/$250 deductible which is only $12 more per month then i was paying for my 94 lincoln mark 8...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Interestingly enough, when I talked to the insurance dude (Allstate) last week on the phone when I was informing him we're getting a new Camaro SS, and after giving him the VIN number, he quoted me it would be 345 every 6 months. Ok, with a perfect driving record with no violations/claims and near perfect credit, that's very do-able. Well....get the declarations page and after all the "discounts" were tallied in, our insurance bill for the new car, listed as pleasure vehicle only, is at $463 every 6 months! Ouch! Didn't see that coming. Not that it's a huge deal or anything because we'll obviously be paying it, but that's about $20 more per month than was quoted on the phone (a tad over 77 bucks/month vice 57 and change per month). Never paid that much for insurance in my life. Are quoted rates (this has been my insurance dude for everything the past five years) that much different than actual rates? Wonder why I was given the low-ball over the phone by someone I trust with my insurance?

I did a progressive online quote and quickly left...it was nearly 100 per month! No thanks...that makes Allstate look cheap.

Just curious, if you feel like divulging the info, is that about normal or is this a hose job? What are the rest of y'all paying?

Pff, $100 a month?
I'd love to take that.
I'm paying over $150 per month. On a G5!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I pay $828 a year for full coverage, Full Tort, $50/$250 deductable, funny enough my wifes 2008 Buick Enclave is $938 a year, same policy. Then comes the funny part, our street rods, which are worth more than the Camaro, are under $400 a year....Oh well, I figure you can ever have enough insurance...Thats with Erie Insurance btw.....

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'm paying about $1500 per year. I've had no claims filed or traffic violations in the last 4 years. Seems a little pricey to me, but I guess it's part of living in California.

R.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i was given a rough estimate of about $75 per month by allstate. im in florida and i have safe driver status. estimate was given before car was here so ill get the straight goods tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I'm paying $1500 a year. 20 years old on a good student discount (don't think it helps much hahaha) I also have one ticket on my record, but I don't think the company knows about it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I am paying around eight hundred a year. At twenty two I can't complain.

·
Registered
968 Posts
About 450 every 6 mos perfect driving record, been with farmers 8 yrs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone using USAA? I usually have State Farm agents walking away telling me that can't touch their rates. I'll post them when I find out for my car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts