Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much are u guys paying for a custom dyno tune in ur area??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A guy around here does them for anywhere from $400-$600 depending on your mods and whats involved. I got a custom tune from Diablew for $135.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
394 Posts
300 here in Houston with a buddy of mine ended up buying a handheld diablo for now

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300 here in Houston with a buddy of mine ended up buying a handheld diablo for now
thats not bad, seems to be alittle bit cheaper down south

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
I was told $500-700, but haven't pulled the trigger. Doubt I ever will.

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
You don't self-tune?
When/if I decide to pull the trigger on tuning, I probably will attempt it myself. Done pretty well on some Suby's. I currently still have the stock tune. First new car I've ever bought, and would like to keep the warranty as long as possible, as it's probably the only new car I'll ever buy with a warranty.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did u guys feel a huge difference from before and after the tune?? do our camaros have that torque management?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
did u guys feel a huge difference from before and after the tune?? do our camaros have that torque management?
My custom tune was done in three stages. I had the initial tune, then I datalogged and sent the log in, the tune was adjusted, and then I did the same thing again. After the second revision, he said everything looked good. I did feel a bit of a difference with each revision. If you get dyno tuned, then you will get it all tuned in one shot, and dyno tunes draw out the most power. So you will definitely notice a big difference.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My custom tune was done in three stages. I had the initial tune, then I datalogged and sent the log in, the tune was adjusted, and then I did the same thing again. After the second revision, he said everything looked good. I did feel a bit of a difference with each revision. If you get dyno tuned, then you will get it all tuned in one shot, and dyno tunes draw out the most power. So you will definitely notice a big difference.
yea im getting it in one shot

·
Registered
394 Posts
i had a 09 silverado crew cab 5.3 6 speed. and i got it street tuned.. what a huge difference.. and yes our camaros have torque management..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had a 09 silverado crew cab 5.3 6 speed. and i got it street tuned.. what a huge difference.. and yes our camaros have torque management..
nice, yea i kinda figured that, cause down low u can feel the restriction

1 - 15 of 15 Posts