Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On I-70 East, between South Mountain and I-270 at about 5:30 AM Thu 11/20/14, a white late model, (2008-2013) Chevrolet Silverado, last four of the license Maryland 9154, with silver bedside toolboxes on it and Robert Sheckley or Shockley on the doors in arched lettering, bounced an object out of the uncovered bed full of tools, striking my new truck in the driver’s side grille, breaking it.

$600 to replace the grille. Needless to say, insurance covers it, minus the deducible. Still, I'm PISSED. Some jerk doesn't cover his load, and I get a NEW truck damaged.

Now, I'm thinking of getting a stainless steel grille guard. A good one is expensive, but deer are a favorite road obstacle here in PA/MD, especially since MD DOT started spraying the roads with molasses and salt to keep the ice down. Deer LOVE it.

Maybe the Westin HDX in stainless?

What do you think?

·
Registered
242 Posts
look what bounced off my camaro

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's sad.

Hence why I want to get the grille guard. Either way, the deer loses, but at least my truck won't get killed.

I had one on the old truck, but I really love the look of the front on the new one. I didn't want to hide it behind a big guard.

Now I'm thinking, if I want to keep it nice, I'll need to do the guard.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd get the guard brother "OUCH" !

bubba.. "OUCH...OUCH !!" that sucks the dear did that kind of damage :( to yo Camaro ...
that dear was sickly looking, if the missing hair isnt from you two colliding (?), might have quick death.. hopefully.. :(
the deer didn't make it and besides it didn't have insurance, had to use my own insurance. No deductible for comprehensive.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Bubba....how's your baby now???? Up and running good as new????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bubba....how's your baby now???? Up and running good as new????
got it upgraded to ZL1 front end for the diff between 1LT and ZL1. only $10.97, used all GM parts except Truecarbon ECF scoop .

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered the grille guard tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage my friend, really is a good looking truck.
This is the one I put on my suburban ranch truck, will protect from deer and pigs!:lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the truck, I NEVER swerve or usually even slow to miss deer. Hit 'em square on, and they hit low enough to die quick and go under the truck. No damage yet from this method, other than a slightly bent skid plate on the old Silverado.

...the Camaro? Panic stop every time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts