Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3rd iPod (2nd gen nano) died like 5 minutes ago. I was listening to some Beyonce (no lie) then bam. No sound. I go back to turn it on and nothing.

:(

:angry:

I ONLY HAD IT FOR LIKE A YEAR! We're going on a road trip on Wednesday. Now all we got is lame *** CD's.

Stupid *** Apple and their ****** steaming piles of ****.

Moderators. Edit as you wish.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
did you try a re-sync? if not, just wipe it and re-install everything, should be fine. and if still no workie...give to LU for target practice. Would be good for some skeet shooting.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was gonna get a zune, but after the Zune Z2K Meltdown, I can't trust them either. a Certain 16 Gig Sansa is calling my name, though. only 129$, 4K songs, 35 hours of playback and has FM AND a Microphone. It's a bargain. It's like the Corvette of MP3's.

·
8,984 Posts
There's always the radio!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I was gonna get a zune, but after the Zune Z2K Meltdown, I can't trust them either. a Certain 16 Gig Sansa is calling my name, though. only 129$, 4K songs, 35 hours of playback and has FM AND a Microphone. It's a bargain. It's like the Corvette of MP3's.

I have a 4gb Sansa.
I will not buy another Sandisk product..they do not stand behind them at all.
Right after my warranty ended my headphone jack broke from the board. A relatively simple fix if one knows what they're doing(and if one doesn't snap the board in half in trying to get it out to get to the headphone jack area)..and it's a known problem at Sandisk. Though they deny it's a known problem (there are NUMEROUS threads on a Sansa forum about this..including tons of how-to's on fixing them) and refused to fix mine.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mine's still not fixed..and now I lost one of the screws they use to hold the back of the case on.
4 tiny screws..oh so annoying.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you search online you can find all kinds of fixes for your iPod. I have been with Apple since they were invented and also use PC's. Everything on my mac goes twice as fast as those Dells at work. Lately both platforms are pretty similar. It just depends on how much memory you have as to the speed. Do you live near an Apple store? I have only had two iPods and my wife two as well and that is over the course of 7 years. They should last at least 3 years, although we got five years out of our first ones. Did you upgrade to the latest software? Did you get any kind of unusual icon on the screen or is it just black? If you have been through 3 ipods in such a short period of time I would question just exactly what you are doing and try to problem solve from there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You may find this helpful:
http://lowendmac.com/zisman/06/0911.html
I would try it as opposed to dumping it. Most of the problems with iPods come from dropping them, smacking them into something, or getting sweat or water onto them. This is why a case is so important! I have my 120 Gig in a wet suit like case and it works awesome! I seriously doubt your iPod is toast. You have nothing to loose trying this fix.

http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_view
Those players in the 34Gig Variety cost $249.00. I bought my 120Gig iPod classic for the same price and have more than four times that amount of memory and storage. Why would you pay more for less?:confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts