Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for the solid green dash kits. I've seen these dash kits in wood grain, carbin fiber, and solid colors, just can't remember who sells them. They are a peel and stick type.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you want a replacement or some sort of applique for what you have?

I think your best bet is to remove what you have and find a local, and reputable, body shop. Talk to them about options for paint and clear coat.

The right body shop can really change the look of your interior and it shouldn't be all that much money. The important thing is to make sure you're not covering everything in the car with ArmorAll or a similar product.

They tend to oil up the parts in a way that make the paint not want to stick like it should.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dash trim kit

Check out carid.com ............................
I got mine through carid.com. I have the bright red. It's almost the same color as the VR on the car! I love it and have had numerous compliments on it. I got the full dash kit and the overhead kit. Thinking of getting some additional pieces. It was easy to install, but did take some patience and a steady hand to get it on straight. It really set off the dull interior and without having to take pieces off to paint them, etc. The company that makes the kit is "Remin" but carid.com sells them. Lots of colors available as well. And, if you damage one in the future, you can buy a replacement piece for a small price. They send a tiny tube of glue that didn't really cover what I needed it for, but I just bought some auto glue and used dabs of that where needed. Also, I found it is best to do it on a warm day or at least when the car interior is warmer, not cold. The pieces become more pliable when warmer. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info. About a year ago I saw another SGM camaro that had the green dash kit and made the interior look pretty sweet.
I called carid and they don't have the synergy green color available. I talked with joel and he is looking to see if there material supplier can get the green color for me. We'll see???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope they can find it for you! Also, once the pieces are on, they are on good with 3M tape. Very hard to take off and reapply if you don't get it on straight the first time. It can be done, but if it does happen, just peel it a little at a time and work it off, then reposition. Good luck!

·
Vendor
816 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. About a year ago I saw another SGM camaro that had the green dash kit and made the interior look pretty sweet.
I called carid and they don't have the synergy green color available. I talked with joel and he is looking to see if there material supplier can get the green color for me. We'll see???
I will follow up on this for you and see I have had customer's request this color myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
try CARID.com

and use

coupon code

forums

1 - 10 of 10 Posts