Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
He's a genius. You should really check out the total money makeover. The guy is a multimillionaire and has owed millions in back taxes and bankruptcy. He is a very good motivator and a really good inspiration for faith.

Reactions: OverAnxious

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have the book and workbook....started his money makeover program with a few tweeks. It is so simple it is stupid. Anyway, my wife and I started about 2 yrs and a month ago with a staggering $92,000 debt. I am proud to say we are down to $18,000 (my trailblazer). Should have that paid off by the summer time. wOoT! The program works although it will scare you to death when you first sit down to figure it all out. Made an excel budget sheet with interest & balances on it and a nice little pie chart if anyone wants to use it. Works great and gives you a graphical depiction on where your money is going.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Live like no one else, so that you can live like no one else.

Good mantra right there. It's like a credit card/loan Atkins diet. If the government would use a few of these tricks, we'd own the world right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've listened and watched him a lot over the years, especially when I'm about to buy something I don't need.
As a realtor and somebody who knows that you need to borrow money to make money, I've always had a problem with paying everything off and dealing with idea of the opportunity cost of money, etc.
But with all the money my wife and I have lost in the stock market, the 10-20% equity loss in our homes, etc. I'm starting to think the guy is a FRICKEN' GENUIS!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have the book and workbook....started his money makeover program with a few tweeks. It is so simple it is stupid. Anyway, my wife and I started about 2 yrs and a month ago with a staggering $92,000 debt. I am proud to say we are down to $18,000 (my trailblazer). Should have that paid off by the summer time. wOoT! The program works although it will scare you to death when you first sit down to figure it all out. Made an excel budget sheet with interest & balances on it and a nice little pie chart if anyone wants to use it. Works great and gives you a graphical depiction on where your money is going.
Way to turn things around! It's funny how this simple common sense stuff makes you look at so many things differently :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
'Act your wage' is my favorite saying he has :lol:
if i act like i'm worth 8 bucks how in the hell am i suppost to act like i'm bill gates?:lol::lol::confused:

·
8,984 Posts
I am checking it out now.

When you say 92k in debt are you including home mortgage or credit cards and car loans?

Thanks!

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I utilized his system a couple years ago and it helped a lot. I brought by debt down - but I also watched my credit score soar. Now I take advantage of the 0% card offers and great rates on loans. It's about being smart with money and credit. Dave's idea should be followed if you do not know how to handle credit, but once you learn to master it, you'll be able to use it to your favor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts