Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will there be dealer installed console gauges available (in the "lower" models)?

I haven't heard if/when they'll be added to the order form...has anyone heard anything? price? anyone?:hello:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess nobody's heard anything?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My understanding is that you have to order the 2SS to get the center console gauges. Someone know anything different?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is that you have to order the 2SS to get the center console gauges. Someone know anything different?
we've always heard they'd be available as a dealer installed option, but they weren't on my order sheet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealer told me that the 2 lt and 2ss will come with this from the factory,
You can ask to have your car ordered with these,but there is no sure way to know if they will be installed. I wanted remote start,but not the other stuff that comes with that package, the sales guy put this in as a "floating" ? option... something about the different wiring harness for different models and engine and transmission selection?,,,

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I would think they would a for sure dealer option.....I can see these ending up in an old hotrod in the near future.

+1

I can see that happening and the guages will be showing up in salvage yards quick enough. People who didn't get them when their Camaro was delivered will be able to get them then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The console gauges aren't a factory LPO. Only way to get them from the factory is to order a trim package that comes with them. Only other way to get them is to order them through the parts department and install them yourself or have your deealer install them.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The console gauges aren't a factory LPO. Only way to get them from the factory is to order a trim package that comes with them. Only other way to get them is to order them through the parts department and install them yourself or have your deealer install them.
where did you hear this?

and do you know if the gauges will be "plug and play" or will they also require an extra or different harness?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a question. I have a 1SS on order, if it does not come with the console mounted gauges, what does it come with? They would not let an SS leave the factory with idiot lights would they? The order sheet says it comes with an SS gauge cluster, what is that?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a question. I have a 1SS on order, if it does not come with the console mounted gauges, what does it come with? They would not let an SS leave the factory with idiot lights would they? The order sheet says it comes with an SS gauge cluster, what is that?
the SS gauge cluster is the speedometer/tachometer. it is slightly different on the SS models. the 1SS does not come with the 4-pack console gauges, but it is available through GM Performance Parts & Accessories, see http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8287
Under interior accessories, Auxiliary console gauges

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ok, HAS the guage cluster been installed on an LS camaro yet???? provide details plz.....how much?? who did it?? can a chevy dealer do it????

·
Registered
64 Posts
I asked my local dealer about this gauge cluster for my 1ss and they told me it would cost $503 installed , but from the photos I've seen and the prices it looks like a plug and play system so I'll save a few bucks and install it myself

·
Registered
262 Posts
I asked my local dealer about this gauge cluster for my 1ss and they told me it would cost $503 installed , but from the photos I've seen and the prices it looks like a plug and play system so I'll save a few bucks and install it myself
They should cost you about 360 bux (actually that's the dealer cost) or so and they are a snap to install.

They are plug and play and all you need to do is take off the side panel and the console top to install.

I have some nice pics and instructions at home that I got from one of the cops here on the forum and they were definitley helpful. At least I could see what I was going to do before I did it.

The touchiest part is to pop off the side and console panel without breaking the little clips. Other than that it's a breeze. Took me about an hour to install them (well, and hour and a half but I stopped for a half hour to ... well, that's for another post and another green forum. :lol:

If you want me to dig out the instructions and photos I got, email me at

[email protected]

Put something Camaro in the subject line.

Regards,
DJ

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
The SS uses a different auxiliary guage cluster than the LS & LT models with manual transmissions.

Here are the GM part#'s...

SS w/ Auto #92247189
SS w/ Manual #92247188

LS & LT w/ Auto #92247189(same as SS)
LS & LT w/ Manual #92247187

The Auxiliary Guage Cluster is strictly plug 'n' play. No need to take it to the dealer and have it installed or "programmed".

The instructions are attached to this post. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The SS uses a different auxiliary guage cluster than the LS & LT models with manual transmissions.

Here are the GM part#'s...

SS w/ Auto #92247189
SS w/ Manual #92247188

LS & LT w/ Auto #92247189(same as SS)
LS & LT w/ Manual #92247187

The Auxiliary Guage Cluster is strictly plug 'n' play. No need to take it to the dealer and have it installed or "programmed".

The instructions are attached to this post. :thumbsup:
This is great information above. I have 2010 Synergy Green 1LT. Installed the aux gauge cluster in April. The instructions does not address the 12v lighter fully. But I was able to figure out the gaps in the instructions. Also it does not about transferring the wire harness from the original console top cover. That will need to be done. Also get a set of interior ply bars. They are made out of plastic and blue in color. All large auto supply store(NAPA,etc) should carry. Those will help to remove the side and top console covers. My kit did not come small screws to hold the gauge pack to top cover. Again, had to fill in the blanks there. The install took less than an hour. Good luck with install.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts