Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://5thgencamaro.blogspot.com/2006/08/dealers-accepting-deposits-again.html

Dealers accepting deposits - again


Earlier this year, Chevrolet dealerships began accepting deposits for 5th gen Camaros. Since GM did not officially announce the program yet, they requested those dealers return the money and cease the practice.

Since the program was given the green light yesterday, at least one dealer is accepting a deposit, and using the marketplace giant Ebay to do it.

Gary Miller Chevrolet-Buick in Girard, PA has an ebay auction running right now (auction # 300016433097). For the low price of $25,000 you can reserve the first Camaro this dealershi offers for sale.

Reading the description states the $25,000 amount is how much you agree to pay over the MSRP of the vehicle in question.

Lets hope nobody bites on offers like this and gouging is kept to a minumum to the truely greedy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
get on an order list now you or you might not get a camaro at all they might be sold out within a few months!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gonna be a 5th gen owner said:
get on an order list now you or you might not get a camaro at all they might be sold out within a few months!
Dealers will be doing some markup at first, no doubt about it there. Waiting may very well be a good idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
they sold out the saturn sky and the solstice and the vette within a few months! I think the camaro will much easier to sell since it already has a following unlike the sky and solstice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
OverAnxious said:
Dealers will be doing some markup at first, no doubt about it there. Waiting may very well be a good idea.
You can just about count on it. They key is finding the dealers that will deal with you fairly and do MSRP. We likely won't see discounts for a little while, but paying above MSRP is just a dumb financial decision. Yeah, get FUTHER in the hole than you need to be, thats a great idea.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thunder7 said:
You can just about count on it. They key is finding the dealers that will deal with you fairly and do MSRP. We likely won't see discounts for a little while, but paying above MSRP is just a dumb financial decision. Yeah, get FUTHER in the hole than you need to be, thats a great idea.
On the topic, Some people with money to burn pay a premium to be the first on the block, we've seen it with the Viper, Prowler, Zr1 Corvette, etc etc.

Nothing wrong with that, it just isn't my choice :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
yea look at the fool who paid 600,000 to have the first new shelby 500 mustang:nutkick: he will be so pissed when I roll up on him with my 5th gen and blow his doors off:BangHead: !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
572 Posts
looks like im going to have to keep my fourth gen for a little longer than i wanted to
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top