Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is going to be the place to post dealers to avoid.

I will keep it updated as dealers are posted.
I will also try to varify that the dealers on the list are charging over MSRP and make a note of the date and try to keep it up to date.
I will have all of them in this first post.

** DO NOT POST RUMORS, only post if you spoke with the dealership directly and they actually told you they are selling for above MSRP **

Try to keep this thread clean for me. Please only post in this thread to add dealers to the list rather than comment about them here. If you would like to comment further please start a seperate thread to do so as not to clutter this one up.

Give me as much info as you wish, but please at try to give me the dealer name, state, city, salesman name.

I will list them by state to keep it easy for everyone to find which dealers NOT to use.

Please do not list dealers unless they are charging OVER MSRP.

Thanks.

Dealers in blue have been varified by mods to be charging over MSRP and the date will be added as well as manager's name.

Dealers in black have been reported by members.

Dealers name will link to original post if available.

Florida
Melbourne
Melbourne Chevrolet, $5k over MSRP, info from manager, (321) 723-3611
Miami
Kendall Chevrolet, $5-10K over MSRP, $2k non refundable deposit info from manager, (305) 740-7475, verified 10-25-2008

Missouri
Florissant
Johnny Londoff Chevrolet, going to take higest bidder over MSRP, info from salesman (314) 837-1800

New York
Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Chevrolet, $2-5k over MSRP, info from salesman, (845) 298-1193

Tennessee
Nashville
Carl Black Chevrolet, $5k over MSRP, info from salesman, (615) 748-8500
Tom Bannen Chevrolet, $2k over MSRP, info from salesman, (615) 851-8000

Virginia
Chantilly(DC area)
Pohanka Chevrolet, over MSRP, info from salesman, (703) 968-6677

EDIT: I added to this list names of dealers provided by the members:
USA1Camaro

Alabama
Susan Schein Chevrolet
Arizona
Midway Chevrolet, Phoenix
Bradley Chev. in Lake Havasu City

California
Mark Christopher in Ontario

Delaware
Porter Chevrolet, Newark

Florida
Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton
Sunset Chevrolet in Sarasota
Maher Chevrolet in St. Petersburg
Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet
Melbourne Chevrolet,
Kendall Chevrolet,
Lou bachrodt Chevrolet in pompano beach
Gordon Chevrolet, Tampa
Georgia
Vaden Chevrolet savannah
Coastal Chevrolet, savannah
Andean Chevrolet
Maxie Price, Loganville Georgia

Hawaii
Cutter Chevrolet

Idaho
Hanigan Chevrolet, Payette

Illinois
Advantage Chevrolet in Hodgkins
Leman Chevy in Bloomington

Indiana

Pedigo's Heartland Crossing Chevrolet
Bill Estes Chevrolet in Indianapolis

Kentucky
Falls Auto Group in Corbin

Louisiana
SERVICE CHEVROLET, LAFAYETTE

Maryland
Ourisman

Molle Chevrolet in Blue Springs
Johnny Londoff Chevrolet

RK Chevrolet of Vineland
Global Chevrolet, Greenbrook

Missouri
Royal Automotive in Columbia
Jim Trenary Chevrolet in O"Fallon
New Jersey
Burlington Chevy, in Burlington
Mall Chevy in Cherry Hill

New York
Poughkeepsie Chevrolet
Ramp chevy LI

Ohio
Doug Chevy in Akron
Spitzer Chevy in Canton

Oklahoma
City Chevrolet

Pennsylvania
Day Chevrolet in Monroeville
Whitmoyer Chevrolet in Mount Joy
Tennessee
Carl Black Chevrolet
Tom Bannen Chevrolet,
West Chevrolet in Knoxville
Texas
munday and parkway in Houston
stonebriar Chevrolet in Frisco
Demontrond Chevrolet
Moritz Chevrolet, Fort worth
Lone Star Chevrolet
Mac Haik Chevrolet
Champion Chevrolet - Austin 11400 Research Blvd Austin, Texas 78759
Ancira Auto, San Antonio Texas

Virginia
Hall Chevrolet
Koons Chevrolet in Vienna
Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake
Pohanka Chevrolet
Priority Chevy in Norfolk
Hutchens Chevrolet in Newport News

Washington
Auburn Chevrolet

West Virginia
Dutch Miller in Huntington

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Pohanka Chevrolet
Chantilly, VA (DC area)
Spoke with salesman (Kirk; can't remember last name) who said they would be over MSRP, but not sure how much. It's unfortunate because they only charge $250 over invoice for everything else IIRC. This was during the summer when I spoke with him. On 10/7 I was in for an oil change and they had no idea about MSRP or ordering being available on 10/13. They swore it'd be January. I emailed them on 10/13 with a "told you so". I've never heard from them since.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Poughkeepsie Chevy
(poughkeepsie, NY).

When I originally emailed, they said since it was a "hot" car, the price would be $5000 over MSRP. I emailed him back and said that I'd found a few other local dealers charging MSRP, he responded...OK, how about $2000 over MSRP.:confused::screwy:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Johnny Londoff Chevrolet in St. Louis, off of I-270 and Dunn Road..

They would not put in writing for MSRP at delivery. Said at best, they would take highest bidders when they start to arrive.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Johnny Londoff Chevrolet in St. Louis, off of I-270 and Dunn Road..

They would not put in writing for MSRP at delivery. Said at best, they would take highest bidders when they start to arrive.
That sounds like a NO to me ;)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kendall Chevrolet
Miami, Florida

They told me they would give me $500 BELOW MSRP three weeks ago4. When I called the salesman, he keeps on telling me I can't order yet because they don't have the info from GM yet about delivery dates. However he repeated I will get it below MSRP like he promised.. He calls e last week to go place the order so I go with my wife and give him the actual official MSRP. He goes and talks to his manager that day. He tells me they will get MSRP on Monday. On Monday they still don't have it and this goes on till Thursday. Friday morning I call and he says $500 below MSRP, they will honor for me...etc..go over there and wait for about an hour while the salesman talks to his manager again..

The manager comes out and tells me they will not honor what the salesman has been telling you the past three weeks.. :mad0259: :mad0259:
What the HELL!!!! What a bunch of lies from them and a wasted three weeks. The manager said they marked up the Z06 in the same way when it was released and is still marked up..
Now I'm not on the first production run even though I put my name on their list last year.. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALER AS THEY ARE CROOKS!!!!!! In Miami, Florida...

$5,000 OVER MSRP FOR LT ($2,000 for pre-order only)
$10,000 OVER MSRP FOR SS ($4,000 for pre-order only)

Who the bleep do they think they are?!?!?!

LOST MY BUSINESS NOW and Definately for LIFE!!! How in the HELL do you treat a GUARANTEED customer like that!!!!

BOOOO!:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

POOR POOR POOR POOR POOR:thumbdown:

Now please everyone do not go to this dealer in Miami, Florida for anything.. Oh and I forgot, $2,000 non refundable deposit..

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl Black Chevrolet laughed at me when I asked about the discount. They're charging $5000 over sticker. Tom Bannen is $2000 over sticker.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
My Brother said Gordon Chevrolet in Tampa, FL is (quote) "retarded" (unquote).. He asked to order a 1LT, and the guy told him to call back when they get them in Feburary and have a 4K deposit ready ..................................................................................................................................................
I said WTF?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Melbourne Chevrolet - Melbourne FL (US rt 1)

they are selling $5K over MSRP - I told the sales manager it was a buyers market and walked. :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Sounds like Florida dealers have some bad reputations.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pohanka Chevrolet
Chantilly, VA (DC area)
Spoke with salesman (Kirk; can't remember last name) who said they would be over MSRP, but not sure how much. It's unfortunate because they only charge $250 over invoice for everything else IIRC. This was during the summer when I spoke with him. On 10/7 I was in for an oil change and they had no idea about MSRP or ordering being available on 10/13. They swore it'd be January. I emailed them on 10/13 with a "told you so". I've never heard from them since.
Kirk a good guy, I ordered mine 94Z from them. Dealer thought I was crazy after waiting 5 months for car was raining when car came in so I trailered it home. Guess was a little stupid. Sucks dealers are doing this.:mad:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Kirk a good guy, I ordered mine 94Z from them. Dealer thought I was crazy after waiting 5 months for car was raining when car came in so I trailered it home. Guess was a little stupid. Sucks dealers are doing this.:mad:
Yeah, I really like Kirk. He seemed sincerely sorry that he had to try and sell the Camaro with a mark-up. I was going to pick up a HHR from him a few months ago, but decided against it for now as I've got a big event coming up. I wanted to purchase my gf's car from him, but she really wanted a coupe, so we bought her G6 from Alexandria Pontiac. I also don't want to give them any sales business for marking the car up. I do like their service department.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i ordered my 1ss yesterday from a dealer in ft. lauderdale. he said i had to pay $5,000 over msrp. i gave him a deposit and went to work. when i woke up this morning i called 3 chevy dealers in the area all were willing to sell it to me for msrp plus $600.00 dealer fee. i went back to the original dealer told him to give me back my deposit and by the time it was done i got the car for msrp plus $600.00 dealer fee. i reminded them this is a buyers market .shop around and you'll get it for what msrp is screw any dealer trying to get 5,000 to 10,000 more!:roxor:

·
Registered
2 Posts
dealer rip-off

Went to Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. Spoke to Stephen Rand who said in no uncertain terms that they required a $5000 deposit which would NOT:mad: be applied to the MSRP when the car came in. He implied that the other dealers in the area would be doing the same. I'm still looking for the best dealership to take my order.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Went to Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. Spoke to Stephen Rand who said in no uncertain terms that they required a $5000 deposit which would NOT:mad: be applied to the MSRP when the car came in. He implied that the other dealers in the area would be doing the same. I'm still looking for the best dealership to take my order.
****, what a friggin tool! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Az dealers

If your in Az, I'd recommend avoiding Bradley Chev. in Lake Havasu City. They wanted 2 to 5 thousand over MSRP for the V6 and 10 thousand over MSRP for an SS. Findley Auto Group (in Kingman Az.) wanted 5 thousand over MSRP when I asked them about the Camaro in Sept. I haven't been back to see either one of them, but I think Findley is now wanting 10 thousand over for the SS. Haven't had much luck finding a good dealer in Az. I'm buying from Camaro Scotty - put my order in today.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts