Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice." :angry:

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow, that's terrible to hear. I can't say that it's unbelievable though :-( I wish you the best of luck in finding another one, I'm sure there's a few at least.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice." :angry:

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.
From one Victory Red 2SS customer to another, that stinks... :angry:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey man, I am sorry to hear this, but you should post up the dealership info so others wont go and "support" them.. that is just down right wrong what they did to you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i would also call GM and file a formal complaint (you can prove it) as well as the local news.

i think i'd be whoopin' some ass! you have more self control than me.....

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
+1

did you sign a purchase agreement for MSRP? If you did I'd be holding their feet to the coals and asking for a much better deal on top of that because of the breach.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Are you sure???? that is very low. I don't make a habit out of being negative on here or anywhere for the matter. That is so unrealistically crappy of a thing for anyone to do. I am sure hoping that you aren't sittin around all glum and reading what I'm typing right now; you need to be on the phones, in BBB, calling G.M. or Chevy corporate, I hope you receive justice and soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sadly, I expect several similar stories like this in the next couple months. It happened when the C5 Z06 and the C6 Corvette came out too.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.
If that happened to me i would bring that dealer down... I would make sure it was my mission to close that dealership. I would call GM and everything. You are handling this much better than i would.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
You should try speaking to the owner of the dealership, to see if he knows about the crap his manager pulled. And tell him that you intend to contact GM, the BBB, and the local news channels.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
WOW...that's BS. If you don't have the order in writing (with an order #), I doubt there's much you can do. BUT, If you do have it in writing...raise as much hell as you can. Definitely call GM and let them know.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.