Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I normaly always take the factory badging off all my cars. So what say my fellow Camaro owners. Should I remove the "Camaro" emblems off the sides. If people have to ask what kind of car it is they have issues. I really like the clean look. I would leave the GM bowties and the RS emblems.

Just asking...:lol::5go:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i already removed my GM chicklet. i still need to debadge the CAMARO from the side. i think it looks much cleaner. plus i hate chrome on this car.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i've been contemplating this as well. i'm leaving the SS on the back and the bowties, but can't decide if i want the CAMARO and GM chicklets on the sides or not!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I started in the Truck scene where you shave door handles , relocate tailgate handles and shave anything and everything to make it smooth looking.
To me a Sports car can be busy however it deserves to wear the name it sports. Black cars look good shaved from there emblems at times if you are going with the Blacked out look however the very little chrome makes the car look good also.

its up to you and whatever look you want. People ask me if im ever going to shave my emblems as I tell them its a Camaro she was given the name at the factory when she was born she deserves to wear that name.

imo the only emblem that doesnt need to be there is the rear SS emblem on the deck lid .

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
??? how the hell is debadging a car like wearin panties? and i hope your a girl, calling them panties.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I have to agree with SDK it is a personal matter on which you like more.

I dont think she said anything about wearing them as she said it was like buying them. As we are picky with car parts women find that to be there picky subject I guess because of comfort lol
of course if you ask most men we would say they look the same as long as they are on the floor :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I can see where this thread is going.:faint:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump,, SO the camaro emblems are held on by 3M tape right. If so I will just use 20lb fishing line just like I did on my truck..that I traded in..

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm debating the same thing right now. If I don't debadge, I would love to find some Black Camaro letters. If anyone knows of any, please PM.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
:rotflmao:

sometimes i wonder what they taught you at UT to make your brain think of these things!

Remember Redjewl We are TEXAS What starts here changes the world :lol:

back to topic

it is a personal opinion thats why folks ask us to see if we are thinking the same thing lol

Go with where yor heart tells you to on picking things for your car.

Dont go with whats in style always because in 5 years maybe sooner it will be out of stlye. Do what you like.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I'm debating the same thing right now. If I don't debadge, I would love to find some Black Camaro letters. If anyone knows of any, please PM.
i was thinking of doing black letters too, but then again debadging will look sooo much more clean.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Debadged - I took my wife's hair dryer and warmed the chiklets...then used my Spider Wire fishing line to remove them. Was super easy and I really like the look.

Another Camaro owner parked near me in town and walked over and asked how did I order one without the badging! :lol:

·
8,984 Posts
Ok, I normaly always take the factory badging off all my cars. So what say my fellow Camaro owners. Should I remove the "Camaro" emblems off the sides. If people have to ask what kind of car it is they have issues. I really like the clean look. I would leave the GM bowties and the RS emblems.Just asking...:lol::5go:
I am a clean look person - I hate badges. I hate the way oversized bowties even more.
I like the clean and/or subtle look.

You could always leave the Camaro and just paint it body color, that way from a distance it looks debadged, but up close the detail is evident.

My CTS is that way.....even the sticker on the back window is black. Some peopel think this is stupid as the windows are tintered dark and you really can't see the sticker unless you are about 15 feet away.

But, that is exactly how I wanted it.

Very subtle, but definitely not stock.

·
8,984 Posts
You can also just give the face of the letters a light once over with some 400 grit sandpaper and then paint them on by hand with a quality pinstriping paint.

The front is body color/black but the sides are still polished/chrome.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts