Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
DECEMBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

SDK

[URL="
[/URL]​

Congratulations SDK! You are the December Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...

Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

My Camaro story begins in 1985 when I seriously considered purchasing a new 1985 V6 Camaro, black with red cloth interior and manual transmission. I let my husband talk me out of it and I bought a 1986 Pontiac Grand Am instead. It was a nice car that I kept for 96,000 miles before wrecking it.

Can you tell us the story behind your Fifth Gen Camaro?

Fast forward to 2002, when Chevrolet announced it was not building any more Camaros and I thought my Camaro dream was forever dead. I was doing the SUV thing at the time. Fast forward again to 2008, when gasoline prices topped out over $4.00 per gallon. Ugh, the SUV needed to go, but I could not see myself in a 4-door sedan. No way!! I don't remember if I saw it on TV or the internet, but Chevrolet announced that the Camaro would return!! That's when I made up my mind to get one. The research began, test drives, more research, order placed August 2009 and I took delivery of Baby Doll on November 13, 2009. She was my 50th birthday gift to myself. Almost 50,000 (s)miles later, we are still making traveling memories.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I did a Google search for the 5th generation Camaro and this forum popped up. I think it was known as 5thGen.com back then.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com Members or anyone else reading this interview?

Modern Camaro is a great place to learn and share anything Camaro. It also has a fun lounge section for non-Camaro entertainment. The guys here are great and very kind to the gals. They know we are special women because we are Camaro owners!

[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]​

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Good one! Well deserved.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Congrats, well deserved...

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Way to go, Great story too!

Well deserved:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Congratulations on your win Susan...I'm so glad you are here! It's people like you that have always made MC.com feel like home to me...so I hope you will be around for a very long time. :5go:
I hope I'm around for a long time also. Although I recently purchased a 2008 Corvette, my Camaro is my commuter car. I spend way more time on Modern Camaro than I do on the Corvette forum.
Y'all drive safe and remember that other cars my get more miles per gallon than a Camaro, but a Camaro gets more smiles per gallon!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts