1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
DECEMBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

kc0cmj

Congratulations kc0cmj! You are the December Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

Thank you very much, it was a surprise to be nomintated, I love to read on here and post help when I can.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I have always loved to go fast, when I was a kid, it was how fast can I ride my bicycle. My first “sports car” was a Pontiac Fiero, I paid cash as my first car I bought on my own. It was just a little 4 cylinder but I loved that car. After that there were many cars, but with kids and the income I had, nothing real sporty per say and nothing that ever put me back in my seat and nothing I really loved to drive.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I work for a GM dealership as a Service Manager, I have been doing it for the past 13 years so I have seen many cars come and go. The first brand new 5th Gen we got on the lot was beautiful, but just couldn’t see myself spending the money on it. Fast forward a little bit and my best friend got stationed overseas in Iraq on his 3rd tour, while there he wanted me to install a new cd player in his 2002 Camaro SS and to drive it and fix whatever needed fixing so it was good to go when he got back. I got to thinking about it and instead of the CD player he provided I bought and installed a complete new system including all new speakers I built a custom box for a 10 in the rear and a new amp, I used to do car audio, it was my thank you for serving our country and for always being there as a friend. We have been friends for 25 years now. While I was working on it, of course I had to drive it off and on. I loved driving it. I loved being put into the seat on takeoff. He had some motor work done and a lot of brake and suspension work. I loved going fast and the feel of it. It made me really want one even more. I have always wanted a muscle car but with smaller kids it was never an option. A year or so later the Transformers movie came out and I saw the new ones. I was awestruck. I work as a service manager for a GM dealership and one day mine pulled up on the drive to be checked in and I thought to myself, self, you have to have that car. I talk myself out of everything because I am a cheap skate, including this car, it sat here for 1 full day and I had told my wife about it in the morning when I talked to her. She came down to my work at lunch to surprise me and said let’s take a ride. It didn’t take long into the ride and my wonderful wife said to get it. She loved it too. She left after my lunch break to go back home, and I was told not to come home without that car. She even called me before I left work and said I better be coming home with that car. So, I had to do what my wife told me to!! We love going out in the car together and getting all the head stares.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I was doing a search for modifications and the forum popped up. I was off and on for a few days and decided to sign up and meet people and I am glad that I did, I stay around due to not a lot of drama and I like to give my insight when I can.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Thanks for the nominations.. I enjoy talking to everyone and helping people out when I can. I can normally always log on and smile by the time I am done looking at the new posts!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Congrats on winning!! And great write up! You could have always put a 350 in that little Fiero, lol!! But anyway, you've got an awesome wife for supporting you in getting your dream car!! Great story!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congratulations kc0cmj. That was a fun read and I too want to say, HORAH to the wife!!! She's a keeper.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Congrats on the win, Great story! Really a lucky man to have that great wife!:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
KC, Congrats on the MOTM!! Very well deserved and that's pretty awesome that you took care of your buddy's car while he was deployed. Everytime I deploy, I trailer Jade back home to Jefferson City to my Fathers.... All though, he never drives her and she would just sit and collect dust...... Ha Ha!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Congrats on the MOTM!!! I love the cheap skate comment ... I am the same way ... it took some working up to it but also pulled the trigger with some help from my wife ... I am sure you have no regrets .... and thanks for taking care of your buddy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts