Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, guess I haven't been around too much lately, honestly been working some ideas over in my head.. can't decide if i want to go for my camaro, or take the same money and buy a used silverado and this kit car i've been in love with since high school. I have the means and time to do the kit when i graduate before going to my first base, and building a car is something i've always wanted to have a go at... I know most of you will say get the camaro, but if anybody can give me some advice here it'd be awesome.

here's the kit

(hood change in top pic is something custom the guy did)

It's a lotus 7 replica made by an american company, pretty much requires the acquirement of Buick's supercharged 3.8 L engine and a junked S10 for parts.. kit and truck would be about the same as a camaro, and i know there will be hitches, as there always is.. but still, i'm split for some reason.. the camaro just seems "cool" and something everybody would want.. i've always kinda walked in a random ass direction somewhere else and i love driving a unique car..

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nothing beats building your own car from the ground up
i'd say go for that

also.. that's a caterham 7

not a lotus?
actually that's a Brunton super stalker.. the caterham is british, lots of people have done the lotus replicas.

I suppose my only logic against buying the camaro flat out is that it will depreciate, and i feel like it will be hard to find one used in spring 2011.. would probably make more sense to get the camaro, wait till i got to my first base, have the chevelle shipped out and restore it, then worry about building any kit.. dunno.. the appeal of building my own car is intoxicatingly strong..suppose finding a used camaro and then working on my chevelle would be about the same, but i feel like building from new parts on a bolt together set would be a better start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts