Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since these are real new, and I got them installed just yesterday I thought I would share them with moderncamaro.

I did post them in my member car journal on the other site, and my facebook page.

Taking out the existing fog light/running light bezels isn't too difficult. The easiest is to turn your steering wheel so you can remove the three screws in the fender liner then pull the liner back so you can access this area.

Next I used a small flat blade screw driver to go in from the side to about 3 of the snaps. Once that was loosened enough I could pull the existing bezel out. The new bezel simply snaps into place and give the car a new appearance much like the concept camaro.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I just got mine. I'll have to try your method of removal. Unlocking the factory bezels from the front is proving difficult.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got mine. I'll have to try your method of removal. Unlocking the factory bezels from the front is proving difficult.
The way that the plastic snaps in, it makes it difficult to remove from the front. Just unscrew the fender liner and you can pull that back.

Once I had about 3 of the clips unsnapped (use a small screw driver) and pushed from the back I could pull from the front.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. :D That's why I love this place![URL="
[/URL]

This was a mod I was considering...but think I will pass now. I love the chrome...but the way it reflects the facets in the lens of the DRLs just make it look like a flush mount larger DRL...with no chrome. I'm sure it looks much better in person without the camera len's illusion.

IMO...this mod would look better on a non-RS style Camaro because the headlamps would match the DRLs.

Thanks again for sharing! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. :D That's why I love this place![URL="
[/URL]

This was a mod I was considering...but think I will pass now. I love the chrome...but the way it reflects the facets in the lens of the DRLs just make it look like a flush mount larger DRL...with no chrome. I'm sure it looks much better in person without the camera len's illusion.

IMO...this mod would look better on a non-RS style Camaro because the headlamps would match the DRLs.

Thanks again for sharing! :thumbsup:
I think you should see them in person. I at first thought I would install the originals now I love them. I have a few other pictures of the car since then. Maybe these help..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
They make a big difference, I was thinking about doing that until I decided to paint mine to match my Heritage Grill.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I wanted them to match the concept. Mine's a SIM SS

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I just finished installing my chrome running light bezels. I used your method, Skuttduck. It was still a *****. If I had to do them again, I'd remove the front wheels and fender liners. Now that they're installed, they look great, and the running lights appear much larger and brighter.

On the SIM, the chrome bezels make a nice accent.

Overall, I'm pleased. It was just a pain to remove the black bezels.

Once I get the car all cleaned up again, I'll post pics so people know what they look like on a SIM SS

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Where did you get them and how much. The only ones I have seen are just snap in cover types and not full replacments. I like those and would like to replace mine...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Defenderworx makes them. They're a GM licensed accessory.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Defenderworx makes them. They're a GM licensed accessory.
Ok I found the site but there is not a place to order or give me a price

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just finished installing my chrome running light bezels. I used your method, Skuttduck. It was still a *****. If I had to do them again, I'd remove the front wheels and fender liners. Now that they're installed, they look great, and the running lights appear much larger and brighter.

On the SIM, the chrome bezels make a nice accent.

Overall, I'm pleased. It was just a pain to remove the black bezels.

Once I get the car all cleaned up again, I'll post pics so people know what they look like on a SIM SS
I'd like to see them.
It wasn't too bad for me once I figured out how they original bezels snapped in. Then again we have noticed the GM has been using some different plastic and things on some builds of the car.

For example the plastic tether on the gas cap. That thing is so tight, that it will not stay put when you hang it on the gas cap hook. Later builds of the cars they are fine.

Also someone pointed out to me the rear window seal around the trunk, that was different on earlier builds of the cars as well. This might be something that was changed as well.

Looking forward to your pictures.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I got mine the other day now just have to install.. I will use your method and get them in...Got mine for $99.99 w/free shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I'd like to see them.
It wasn't too bad for me once I figured out how they original bezels snapped in. Then again we have noticed the GM has been using some different plastic and things on some builds of the car.

For example the plastic tether on the gas cap. That thing is so tight, that it will not stay put when you hang it on the gas cap hook. Later builds of the cars they are fine.

Also someone pointed out to me the rear window seal around the trunk, that was different on earlier builds of the cars as well. This might be something that was changed as well.

Looking forward to your pictures.
Here you go...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Yeah...it looks kinda pissed off...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts