Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With the death of Pontiac and now Saturn, GM’s rear-wheel-drive based Kappa-platform has been left to die – until now. According to our friends at Jalopnik, DeLorean Motor Company is planning on using the Kappa-platform for its upcoming car.

“JZD always said that the best memories of his automotive career were at Pontiac, and that connection between JZD and Pontiac is probably one of the better known associations among car enthusiasts,” said James Espey, Vice President of the DeLorean Motor Company.

The company has released drawings of a new model based on the Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe. The move could put several hundred people back to work at the Wilmington plant.

More Here

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I love the DMC-12... That would be awesome if delorean started making cars again

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I love the DMC-12... That would be awesome if delorean started making cars again
The REAL DeLorean Motor Company went defunct over 2 decades ago. The DeLorean Motor Company of today mainly just rebuilds DMC-12's using never-used parts (new old stock, they call it) or repro parts.

While it's still badass that someone is keeping the Solstice alive..it's important to point out to people that the DMC of today isn't the DMC of John DeLorean.

edit: http://www.delorean.com/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
The REAL DeLorean Motor Company went defunct over 2 decades ago. The DeLorean Motor Company of today mainly just rebuilds DMC-12's using never-used parts (new old stock, they call it) or repro parts.

While it's still badass that someone is keeping the Solstice alive..it's important to point out to people that the DMC of today isn't the DMC of John DeLorean.

edit: http://www.delorean.com/
I know:(.... If they keep the solstice alive will it still be called a Pontiac or a DMC Solstice

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
DeLorean's website was updated with a link on its mainpage to this:
http://www.newdelorean.com/
Not much right now..but sign up if you want updates..or something.

EDIT: This was posted on the DMC's facebook page:
What if John DeLorean were still alive? Some of his greatest automotive accomplishments were at Pontiac, and now the Solstice is a new car without a brand, and DeLorean is brand without a new car...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Gull Wing Doors are awesome but if you get in a small parking space and even when you are so far out in the parking lot you will get people to park next to you and then it would be hard to open the doors:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
The back of the car looks good, but the front looks like crap, IMO.

I still like the Pontiac Solstice more than DMC's version.

BTW. Why doesn't GM keep the Kappa platform and make a Chevy or Cadillac model based on it?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
They never really sold all that well. Plus..a Cadillac with a 4 cylinder?

Didn't sell well? here in the area of SanAntonio they could not keep enough on the showroom floor....same with the Saturn SKY. My wife wanted one but they cost almost as much as the Camaro we just got:(

·
Registered
544 Posts
Didn't sell well? here in the area of SanAntonio they could not keep enough on the showroom floor....same with the Saturn SKY. My wife wanted one but they cost almost as much as the Camaro we just got:(
Yeah...now that you mention it...I see LOTS of them being driven around here. I would buy one if I had the money.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts