Modern Camaro Forums banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
Finally get some nice warm, sunny weather starting tomorrow!!! So i plan on giving my new Camaro, its first good cleaning, I had a Lifted 05 Ram 4x4 truck with 35's, that i traded in on my camaro, now that was a PITA to clean!!!!! Cant wait to give my new camaro a good wash, etc.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Finally get some nice warm, sunny weather starting tomorrow!!! So i plan on giving my new Camaro, its first good cleaning, I had a Lifted 05 Ram 4x4 truck with 35's, that i traded in on my camaro, now that was a PITA to clean!!!!! Cant wait to give my new camaro a good wash, etc.
at least you weren't sitting on the ground half the time detailing it like you will with the camaro lol

This has been an entertaining thread to say the least!
I just came in from the garage, I spent about 2.5 hours detailing Cammy
Inside-Out, Upside-down. That included even removing wheels to clean wheel wells and suspension. The wheels may be easy to reach through, but you cannot clean the inside very well when stuff gets stuck to the rim.

Call me crazy.....I used a microfiber towel with brake clean to get the deposits off of the nice zinc coating on the rotor hat and perimeter. Now it looks like the day I took it home. My only problem is the clear coat on the wheels. It is starting to look foggy at certain angles. I only used car wash and hand dried these wheels. I baby them like no other car I have owned.
Hope the dealer will not give me a hard time about it.

The other thing that bothers me is all of the "tempered" glass on the car is getting those funny lines (rainbow like) that you can see at certain angles.
Has anyone else seen these problems?

Car is going to the dealer tomorrow for:
Engine Oil leak
Heater gurgling sound when cold.
Throttle is so touchy when cold, car seems jerky even if you are just trying
to baby it until it warms up.
Driver's seat squeaks at times

I love this car to no end, but I am paying alot for it and hope they will be nice to me.

Randy

Discussion starter · #88 ·
POST #1200!!!:cool:

This has been an entertaining thread to say the least!
I just came in from the garage, I spent about 2.5 hours detailing Cammy
Inside-Out, Upside-down. That included even removing wheels to clean wheel wells and suspension. The wheels may be easy to reach through, but you cannot clean the inside very well when stuff gets stuck to the rim.

Call me crazy.....I used a microfiber towel with brake clean to get the deposits off of the nice zinc coating on the rotor hat and perimeter. Now it looks like the day I took it home. My only problem is the clear coat on the wheels. It is starting to look foggy at certain angles. I only used car wash and hand dried these wheels. I baby them like no other car I have owned.
Hope the dealer will not give me a hard time about it.

The other thing that bothers me is all of the "tempered" glass on the car is getting those funny lines (rainbow like) that you can see at certain angles.

Car is going to the dealer tomorrow for:
Engine Oil leak
Heater gurgling sound when cold.
Throttle is so touchy when cold, car seems jerky even if you are just trying
to baby it until it warms up.
Driver's seat squeaks at times

I love this car to no end, but I am paying alot for it and hope they will be nice to me.

Randy
i use Invisible Glass on all my car windows... best stuff i've ever used. and everything that touches the car is dried/buffed/polished with a seamless microfiber cloth.

the brake clean idea is good, i'll have to try that. i haven't cleaned my rotors yet.

i probably had the same oil leak as you, is yours an L99? turned out to be the oil cooler gasket. they swapped it out in 2 hours and didn't even have to add or change the oil. :confused:

as for the touchy throttle. that is normal with an electronic drive mechanism. they are very sensitive. with the cable drive on my old truck, i have to floor it to get going with the speed of traffic :lol:

I can only see those lines when I'm wearing polarized sunglasses. I saw the same thing in the glass of my previous car, the SLK 320.

POST #1200!!!:cool:

i use Invisible Glass on all my car windows... best stuff i've ever used. and everything that touches the car is dried/buffed/polished with a seamless microfiber cloth.

the brake clean idea is good, i'll have to try that. i haven't cleaned my rotors yet.

i probably had the same oil leak as you, is yours an L99? turned out to be the oil cooler gasket. they swapped it out in 2 hours and didn't even have to add or change the oil. :confused:

as for the touchy throttle. that is normal with an electronic drive mechanism. they are very sensitive. with the cable drive on my old truck, i have to floor it to get going with the speed of traffic :lol:

Don't let Shag hear you say you use Invisible Glass he will go crazy cause what he uses is better then anything we use no matter what it is.....:lol:

P.S. I have use Invisible Glass for atleast 5 years maybe longer love the stuff:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #94 ·
Don't let Shag hear you say you use Invisible Glass he will go crazy cause what he uses is better then anything we use no matter what it is.....:lol:

P.S. I have use Invisible Glass for atleast 5 years maybe longer love the stuff:thumbsup:
best stuff you can buy over the counter... no telling what kinda trouble i can get in researching anything better on the internet :D

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.