Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that the $1,350 optional 20" chrome wheels on the Challenger are really just chrome plated plastic over a bleh 5 spoke rim? it's a friggin' chrome hubcap glued to the wheel. :wtf: :screwy:

i admit, i have never even been interested in the Challenger since it came out so i have paid absolutely no attention to anything about it... but i stumbled across this little gem of info while just bs'ing around looking at recent articles about the Camaro and some Camaro v. Challenger article came up.

that is the funniest thing i've heard of in a while. i can get 20" polished aluminum wheels on my Camaro as a $470 option... but Chrysler wants $1,350 for plastic hubcaps. :rotflmao:

i know that Chrysler has this option on quite few of its models... but i had no idea it was on the Challenger. too hilarious... yet another reason Camaro OWNS the Challenger.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm no Dodge pro but I think that's kind of a Dodge standard. My brother had one of their pick-ups and it had the same sort of plastic chrome cover over the rim even though the rim was more intricate than a five spoke. He just pulled them off because the rim it was covering was more fitting of a truck anyway.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Ford does it too only theirs are at least a metal covering. The chrome wheels on my mom's explorer, and the ones on my wife's 05 F150 were just chrome covers over steel wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I've known about it for a while and it's not just the Challengers. Any 07 & up Daytonas with the 20" rims from the factory are the same 'Chrome Clad' wheels as those on the Challengers. Sad....just sad.:(

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Yeah...Our Friends Dodge Daytona has the "Chrome Clad" wheels. Ours are actually aluminum (thank god). When I first got the truck, I notice that the wheels weren't as shiney as the others that I saw with the factory 20" wheels. I spent HOURS polishing them the first weekend and couldn't get them that shiney. A friend at work had one of the trucks too. I asked him about it and he asked me why I was polishing plastic. I said "Mine aren't plastic." He said "Of course they are." We went out and he kicked my rim and went "You son of a *****. Where'd you get those?"

·
8,984 Posts
Maybe that is part of their Package that they will be presenting to Congress tomorrow.

hmmmm

·
8,984 Posts
Maybe that is part of their Package that they will be presenting to Congress tomorrow.

hmmmm
nothing?

I thought that was funny!

am I loosing my edge.....time to head over to camaro5.....

·
8,984 Posts
I signed up a LONG time ago, but I do not think I have ever posted....

...wait that gives me an idea.....

New thread coming y'alls way!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts