Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finished this book a few days ago, and lemme tell ya... it AWESOMESAUCE... wrapped in bacon!! has anyone else here read it? if not, go read it!! now!! (you can check it out at your local library for free!)

Amazon.com: Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business (9781591844006): Bob Lutz: Books

Lutz is a funny mofo and the way this book is written will certainly have you lol'ing on occasion. it's a quick read (no slow parts at all which is sometimes hard to find in a non-fiction book), but it really goes into a lot of stuff.

Lutz focuses on GM for the book, but he talks a lot of about the other domestics and even the german and japanese manufacturers. he gives some backstory on the big three (since he worked at all of them), he talks about how GM fell into mediocrity in the 80's (and what was behind it), he talks about the media (and boy do i agree with him 100% there), and how GM is changing right now.

i highly recommend this book for any car guy or gal. i learned a lot, laughed a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. :D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbsup: totally worth it!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Thanks, I will ask for it at the local library later today. If they don't have it they will get it from another library.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts