Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the February '07 'Popular Hot Rodding'

It will be years until the new Camaro is on the streets, but thats no reason for pundits to resist speculating on every aspect of the future muscle car. Recently, Detroit Free Press columnist Mark Phelan discussed the possibility of a diesel powered Camaro. As he stated online, "Imagine a 2010 Camaro with a 360HP V8 and highway fuel economy over 40 mpg. ......"We don't see this happening but its interesting to imagine."

I don't know. A diesel powered Camaro??? It just doesn't sound right.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Here we go again!!!! i can see a compression ignition v6 (may not be diesel fuel, something more organic) by that time but not a v8

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The article goes on to mention the rumors about the Camaro being sold in Europe.

"I want the car for our lineup," Wayne Brannon executive director of Chevrolet Europe told Automotive News Report.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Diesels do good in passenger cars but for a sports/pony car that would just be odd hearing the clacking ans seeing the smoke. Blah I'll pass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do believe an Audi Diesel won the 24hours at Daytona didn't it? Huge top speed, AND it got WAY better on gas mileage. I love diesels...If its feasible and makes good power and tremendous torque it would rock!
Yes Doug, in fact it did.

Europe has much better diesel fuel than we do and that is why they don't clack and they don't smoke. They are clean and just as powerful and they have more torque!

I like the thought!

·
8,984 Posts
Now a diesel Camaro would be interesting. I would buy one, of course after I bought an SS/Z28.

·
8,984 Posts
I guess you haven't seen/heard a diesel motor since the Eighties...

Right!:eek:

These days I have to look ON the truck to SEE if it is a diesel!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes Doug, in fact it did.

Europe has much better diesel fuel than we do and that is why they don't clack and they don't smoke. They are clean and just as powerful and they have more torque!

I like the thought!
we have that diesel now, the ultra low sulfur diesel is here and is required on all 07+ diesels. i hope diesel can come here in cars stronger. still doesn't belong in a sportscar.

·
8,984 Posts
The strange and weird are great for me~Again, I'll take one!

·
8,984 Posts
Another dead thread revived for oddities sake.

·
8,984 Posts
Sheesh have you priced Diesel today ? yeah we need a diesel Camaro :eek:
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Yeah, I know ,but power to weight ratio may be good or there is always the oil conversion or corn!

·
8,984 Posts
not as bad....

But if prices were not as they are now, wouldn't it be cool to have a Muscle Diesel.....

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.