Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I was pricing out my possible new purchase and noticed that there's a 1SS and 2SS models. Without going through all the options in a lengthly time I wondering if you all can tell is there much difference between the two except for the leather and cloth seats?:confused: There was listed others items that I just can't figure out too. What is that so called " console cover"?:confused:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
222 Posts
The console cover is a nice piece of leather that gets added to the armrest in the center.

2SS has:
HUD
9-speaker audio
USB
Power/Heated/Dimming side mirrors
Back-up Camera
Heated/Leather seats
The 4 auxiliary gauges

(maybe a couple others, but that's the quick run-down)

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 SS is a waste of money. Go for the 2ss you get so much more Gauges leather. Don't understand why anyone would buy this car with cloth seats. Looks very cheap when you open the door And see cloth and no gauges.

·
Registered
134 Posts
+1 You will be glad you got the 2SS. The 1SS looks like the inside of a chevy malibu or any other car in the fleet.

Interior of my 2SS 45th:

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The console cover is a nice piece of leather that gets added to the armrest in the center.

2SS has:
HUD
9-speaker audio
USB
Power/Heated/Dimming side mirrors
Back-up Camera
Heated/Leather seats
The 4 auxiliary gauges

(maybe a couple others, but that's the quick run-down)
ChibiBlackSheep,

OK thank for letting me know what the center console cover is. So that part is just covered/padded plastic?

Anyway it appears the 2SS is the better value compared to the 1SS model. I am puzzled also why they ever offered the 1SS model. My Impala SS 08' has black leather standard and the center console is covered:confused: In addition considering it's an SS it has no back-up camera, HUD and no gague package:confused: I can understand the cloth seats though. If one doesn't get these then why is it called "SS". I can even get away without the fancy high performance exhaust cuz that is an easy $75o bills.

Mail Clerk

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
1 SS is a waste of money. Go for the 2ss you get so much more Gauges leather. Don't understand why anyone would buy this car with cloth seats. Looks very cheap when you open the door And see cloth and no gauges.
+1 You will be glad you got the 2SS. The 1SS looks like the inside of a chevy malibu or any other car in the fleet.

Interior of my 2SS 45th:
And I've got a big news flash here guys...lol...the interior on that 45th (or any 2SS for that matter) isn't one bit nicer than this Malibu...

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
222 Posts
The amount of trim levels that these cars come with are great.

I wanted a daily driver, no options, manual, posi-rear, a fun car to drive for cheap. The 1LS fit that bill. I was able to get everything I wanted for under 24k brand new.

You can have a cheap and fun car, or you can spend twice as much and have every option you want. It's all your choice, and I love that they did that for us.

·
Registered
134 Posts
And I've got a big news flash here guys...lol...the interior on that 45th (or any 2SS for that matter) isn't one bit nicer than this Malibu...

[URL="
[/URL]
I disagree.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You guys would really hate my car as I opted for a 1SS/NonRS.
All I was interested in was the engine, manual trans and the green color.
I would have bought it without air, power windows etc. if available. I dont even use half the garbage that comes in it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You guys would really hate my car as I opted for a 1SS/NonRS.
All I was interested in was the engine, manual trans and the green color.
I would have bought it without air, power windows etc. if available. I dont even use half the garbage that comes in it.
i agree. i wanted a 1ss white, manual..for the same reasons, leather is ok but gets worn real fast..(if you dont care for it) so im being super careful in my 2ss.. but after being in the 2ss i couldnt go back to the 1ss.. that hud is great..:5go:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys,

I want a daily driver too but I need/want all the goodies for the money spent for sure. I could get away with the factory high performance muffler but for the interior I like my comfort. What really matter is how much my insurance will want per year! Just a couple month before I get super serious.

One thing I found out is if you go to the Chevy website and fill out the kind of Camaro I want the site will tell me what each dealership has in inventory that closely matches the kind of car I want/like.

Mail Clerk

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You can add pretty much any of the 2SS options for much less yourself. I did.
I wanted:
Steering wheel audio controls.
Gauge pack.
USB port.

It only cost a few hundred to do it all.

I don't like pleather & leather. All leather...maybe, but the cloth is nice and comfy year round.
HID/halos? Nope don't like 'em.
I didn't want the rest of the 2SS or RS packages, so, for me, this was a great way to get exactly what I wanted in a 1SS.

GM is doing great in giving us the cars we want, the way we want them.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts