Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah I'm waiting for the auxiliary gauge pack to be able to be added to a 2013 v6. Apparently they changed how it is done a little bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was this thread taken from the "other" forum? lol
:slap::slap: :boxing::boxing:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Remember that the only thing that matters is if you like your own car. I don't personally like leather. I never have and I doubt I ever will. I hate leather anything;couches, chairs, trim...you name it.

It looks new for a very small amount of time unless you never use it. Then half of the people who just "must have leather" have cloth seat covers over them.

To be honest I don't buy cars like this for comfort. If I wanted that I'd get a luxury sedan.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree, whether it's a 1 or a 2 in a v6 or v8, your buying it with your hard earned money so get what you want. It would be pretty boring if every car of the same model was identical. Personally for me it was a 2SS or nothing, so when you finally get your Camaro, have fun driving it whether you drive everyday or just on the weekend. :D :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
You guys would really hate my car as I opted for a 1SS/NonRS.
All I was interested in was the engine, manual trans and the green color.
I would have bought it without air, power windows etc. if available. I dont even use half the garbage that comes in it.
so what is in the 2ss is garbage. and you would have bought this car with out air and power windows if you could have lol. now i know you are a dick.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I kind of decided this will likely be the only 'fun car' I will ever own, so I ended up going 'all-out'. I was originally going 1SS/no RS, but for what the extra cost was, I think I would have been regretting it fairly quickly. The Chevy built site is great for getting a very good idea on options and cost. My Camaro has way more options than any other car I have ever bought and cost WAY more too. It is kind of nice having all the upgrades. I LOVE the HUD, I don't really ever look at the gauges, but I think they add to the interior look. I like the leather, never had that before, but haven't gotten to summer yet. I will not be buying cloth seat covers. The back-up camera is almost a must. My wife did an add-on camera, but it isn't nearly as functional as the one in the Camaro (guidelines and warning alarm). Lastly, I never buy a car looking at a trade, I drive my cars until they'die'. Obviously, buy what you want and can afford comfortably.

·
Registered
94 Posts
::::::::::::::::::NEWS FLASH:::::::::::::::::::::

Whatever Camaro you decide you want, it is not a status symbol. Granted, it's an awesome vehicle but whether package you buy you're going to own a Camaro , nothing more nothing less. You won't magically be rich, a better person, or the eye of every woman/man you see. You will still be you.

I personally like my 2SS because I like the option that came in it. You might not need those options but want the V8 then the 1SS is for you. Maybe you like the options of the 2SS but a V6 is for you; go with the 2LT. Whatever it is you want/need in your car GM has done a pretty decent job at providing. So for you 2SS owners who think you're god's gift, please remove your head out of your backside and provide a decent answer to a simple question. No one asked for condescension or arrogance.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You can add pretty much any of the 2SS options for much less yourself. I did.
I wanted:
Steering wheel audio controls.
Gauge pack.
USB port.

It only cost a few hundred to do it all.

I don't like pleather & leather. All leather...maybe, but the cloth is nice and comfy year round.
HID/halos? Nope don't like 'em.
I didn't want the rest of the 2SS or RS packages, so, for me, this was a great way to get exactly what I wanted in a 1SS.

GM is doing great in giving us the cars we want, the way we want them.
I pretty much agree except it would be great to order the LS7 engine and have the options that you want with it. You would have a sleeper car that could kick a$$.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In addition to my other questions. I was also wondering what is the difference between the SS and the RS package???

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
222 Posts
RS Package
The RS Package for your LT or SS Coupe includes:

• 20" painted aluminum wheels in Midnight Silver, measuring 20" x 8" in front and 20" x 9" in rear.
• High-intensity discharge headlamps, each ringed with an LED halo
• Body-color roof ditch molding for a subtle but distinctive styling detail.
• Shark-fin antenna is body-color with this package.

On 2LT and 2SS models, included with available Dusk Special Edition.

Also, if you own an SS with the RS package, your SS emblems will be red, if you don't have the RS package, your SS emblems will be white.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
RS Package

• 20" painted aluminum wheels in Midnight Silver, measuring 20" x 8" in front and 20" x 9" in rear.

Also, if you own an SS with the RS package, your SS emblems will be red, if you don't have the RS package, your SS emblems will be white.
I've heard, but never did the numbers to confirm, that you cannot even come close to buying the RS components through aftermarket.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
RS Package

ChibiBlackSheep,

What is the "Dusk Special Edition"??? Anyone know?

Mail Clerk

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I've heard, but never did the numbers to confirm, that you cannot even come close to buying the RS components through aftermarket.
The RS package costs approx $2000 on a V6...and $1200 on a V8 because it already comes with the wheels and spoiler so you're basically paying the money for the headlights and painted roof items (ditch moldings and shark fin). I upgraded my SGM with an RS package at the dealership since it was not available on my 2010 Synergy Edition. The headlights cost $1600 and the performance shop charged me $500 for the install when my dealership was unable to complete the task. So "NO"...you cannot do an aftermarket conversion for even close to the same price...plus you'd have to listen to a bunch of aholes tell you that you DO NOT have an RS package since it wasn't installed at the factory. I've even been told on C5 that I am similar to a con artist in prison here in Texas for defrauding people (car related...he was building Eleanor style Mustangs but using stolen cars to do so) because I had the nerve to say I had a dealer installed RS package.

ChibiBlackSheep,

What is the "Dusk Special Edition"??? Anyone know?

Mail Clerk
Here's a link that will explain what options a Dusk Special Edition comes with...

2013 Chevy Camaro Dusk Special Edition Has Nothing To Do With Twilight | Car and Driver Blog

...I don't think it is available for ordering anymore though.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm sure that you can do the RS conversion. You probably can't buy the headlights off the aftermarket yet, but if I got them, there are harnesses to hook them up to a non RS car.

The rest is paint... Not hard to paint or change rims.

Is the package deal a good bargain? Yes. Is it the ONLY way you can have some of those things? Not if you are patient, or determined.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you everyone for your insights. I'm getting close (2 months) in getting my Camaro as a second car to my Impala SS. Still don't know which engine I will get cuz since I live in California it'll all depend on the insurance (AAA) quote for both cars under the same policy.

If they say it's cheaper to get the V-8 then that's the direction I'll head. It just all depends. It appears I can get the RS package in either engine mode so that part appears to be done.

Let me look at the wheels again cuz I know the RS package gives me 20" wheels but I can option to get the 21's. Anyone have the 21's on there Camaros? I wonder loooks wise is it really necessary? Appearance wise I think the 20's are fine because too much wheel looks bad to mee and too much tire looks bad as well. Can anyone show pics?

Mail Clerk:thumbsup:

·
8,984 Posts
I personally prefer the 1SS as I would want the Camaro as light as possible, especially with as heavy as these pigs are.

But now, with so many different packages, the Z may be the best bet for that.

I think it all comes down to personal preference, just like I prefer a manual for my DD or a bracket racer, but I would rock an auto for serious drag racing.....

21 - 40 of 91 Posts