Modern Camaro Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
The RS package costs approx $2000 on a V6...and $1200 on a V8 because it already comes with the wheels and spoiler so you're basically paying the money for the headlights and painted roof items (ditch moldings and shark fin). I upgraded my SGM with an RS package at the dealership since it was not available on my 2010 Synergy Edition. The headlights cost $1600 and the performance shop charged me $500 for the install when my dealership was unable to complete the task. So "NO"...you cannot do an aftermarket conversion for even close to the same price...plus you'd have to listen to a bunch of aholes tell you that you DO NOT have an RS package since it wasn't installed at the factory. I've even been told on C5 that I am similar to a con artist in prison here in Texas for defrauding people (car related...he was building Eleanor style Mustangs but using stolen cars to do so) because I had the nerve to say I had a dealer installed RS package.
Now that you went through the rundown, maybe it was you that had discussed it before. I think you also discussed the roof ditches ... a discussion on the non-RS ditches not really being able to paint them and having to get the painted ditches separately anyway? I certainly consider a dealer installed RS package as a RS, same as, I think, you can get the LE1 package dealer installed and bringing your car to the LE1 standard. Just as an opinion, after seeing them, I'm not much on the black ditches / antenna on anything other than black. I just think they draw your eye towards them as a distraction.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Now that you went through the rundown, maybe it was you that had discussed it before. I think you also discussed the roof ditches ... a discussion on the non-RS ditches not really being able to paint them and having to get the painted ditches separately anyway? I certainly consider a dealer installed RS package as a RS, same as, I think, you can get the LE1 package dealer installed and bringing your car to the LE1 standard. Just as an opinion, after seeing them, I'm not much on the black ditches / antenna on anything other than black. I just think they draw your eye towards them as a distraction.
I painted mine over a year ago and never had any problems. Bought the 2 stage paint at the Stealer and clear coated them. All I did to prep was rough them up a little with fine steel wool. Looks factory.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
The black roof ditches are basically rubber so if you paint them...after a few years of the rubber expanding and contracting with the temperatures...the paint will be compromised and start to peel.

Originally they just painted my black ones...but with the expansion of the rubber in the extreme heat here the paint bubbled up and started to peel in less than a year.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I agree, whether it's a 1 or a 2 in a v6 or v8, your buying it with your hard earned money so get what you want. It would be pretty boring if every car of the same model was identical. Personally for me it was a 2SS or nothing, so when you finally get your Camaro, have fun driving it whether you drive everyday or just on the weekend. :D :D
THIS^ what he is really saying is your pour and you suck!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
::::::::::::::::::NEWS FLASH:::::::::::::::::::::

Whatever Camaro you decide you want, it is not a status symbol. Granted, it's an awesome vehicle but whether package you buy you're going to own a Camaro , nothing more nothing less. You won't magically be rich, a better person, or the eye of every woman/man you see. You will still be you.

I personally like my 2SS because I like the option that came in it. You might not need those options but want the V8 then the 1SS is for you. Maybe you like the options of the 2SS but a V6 is for you; go with the 2LT. Whatever it is you want/need in your car GM has done a pretty decent job at providing. So for you 2SS owners who think you're god's gift, please remove your head out of your backside and provide a decent answer to a simple question. No one asked for condescension or arrogance.
Bull****!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I personally prefer the 1SS as I would want the Camaro as light as possible, especially with as heavy as these pigs are.

But now, with so many different packages, the Z may be the best bet for that.

I think it all comes down to personal preference, just like I prefer a manual for my DD or a bracket racer, but I would rock an auto for serious drag racing.....
With those dyno numbers I'd be worried about weight too!

Burn!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
1ss is nice if you are simply in to the performance end of the ss but if you want more amenities than the 2ss is for you. Choose what you will. you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
1ss is nice if you are simply in to the performance end of the ss but if you want more amenities than the 2ss is for you. Choose what you will. you get what you pay for.
Oh you can't have performance and a 2 SS? Really? You are a tool. Piss off dildo!:5go:

·
Registered
807 Posts
i'm so happy to live on Aruba...:cool:
The 2SS is the only available Camaro GM brings to the island...! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
This is a great thread. :popcorn:

The Z/28 will soon be available. No leather, no AC, no radio, no automatic transmission. One bad azz drive!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
you're just jealous I'm not your dildo. But for someone who simply enjoys ONLY the performance end without blue tooth, leather seats, a guage pack you really cant see when you're driving and controls on a steering wheel when your hand is still in reaching distance of a radio than by all means take your pick.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
you're just jealous I'm not your dildo. But for someone who simply enjoys ONLY the performance end without blue tooth, leather seats, a guage pack you really cant see when you're driving and controls on a steering wheel when your hand is still in reaching distance of a radio than by all means take your pick.
I did. 2SS/RS. You won't find lights, led's color changing freaking halos, painted engine cover, or any of that gay **** on my car. Tune, nitrous, headers, drag radials, CAI and leather god **** seats! Have a nice day, enjoy your cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Strick doesn't own a dildo any more...he said it kept chipping his teeth! :lol:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Says the 1LT guy who has nothing but a delivery date and color in his sig. You must be a real car guy huh?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
gee whiz ... what envy said

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm only playing. Sometimes ya have to give a little shot of life to a thread. Idc what people have or don't have. Enjoy what ya got.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
D*mn...can't you guys behave yourselves! [URL="
[/URL] I take a little nap and somehow this thread has gone from Camaro performance to dildoes...lol. If only one could choose their own options in one of those to achieve peak performance. [URL="
[/URL]
Envy,

Thank you for chiming in on my behalf. Already I've visited the Chevy site and noted dealers that have Camaro close to what I want but no exact matches. If and when the time arrives I may just have to take what's available unless I have one built from the factory which will take some time.

Beside I have been off line for a short time due to forgetting my password and had a little trouble getting back on. Sorry for that to everyone.

All I want is a nice and clean Camaro (possibly a V-8) without stripes but with super nice wheels 20" and nice comfort innards.

Mail Clerk

41 - 60 of 91 Posts