Modern Camaro Forums banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
Hang in there, mailclerk, and get what you want. It's worth it in the end.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'm very competitive. Especially when it comes to cars and driving. So I am happy that my car is fully optioned...I have the 2SS/RS M6!! But I never look down on any other Camaro. I just personally would not be as satisfied if I didn't have every available option. It's a personal thing and there is nothing wrong with that. For mailclerk, I would say try to find exactly what you want in the condition you want for the best price...that much is obvious, lol!! But sometimes you come across a killer deal that may not have been exactly what you originally wanted but you'd be a fool to pass up nonetheless. As long as you know what options you're willing and/or unwilling to give up then it's just a matter of finding it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
patrioypa,

Yeah thanks for the support.It's just a couple more months before I get super serious. That will come pretty fast. Currently I plan to head to my credit union nd talk about it to them for searching for the one I want. I'll also print out off the Chevy website all the options I want and see what happens. Again everything is up to the insurance company (AAA) as I also have my Chevy Impala SS on the same policy and that is fully insured. Remember I live in California and we pay sme of the highest premiums around! I don't hot rod my car around like some here but I do like the racy look. My driver record is clean and so what AAA see my record they'll take everything into account.:thumbsup:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I'm very competitive. Especially when it comes to cars and driving. So I am happy that my car is fully optioned...I have the 2SS/RS M6!! But I never look down on any other Camaro. I just personally would not be as satisfied if I didn't have every available option. It's a personal thing and there is nothing wrong with that. For mailclerk, I would say try to find exactly what you want in the condition you want for the best price...that much is obvious, lol!! But sometimes you come across a killer deal that may not have been exactly what you originally wanted but you'd be a fool to pass up nonetheless. As long as you know what options you're willing and/or unwilling to give up then it's just a matter of finding it.
Chapel,

Thankyou for your support too! I like to get my possible new purchase as fully optioned as possible as well. The only additional option I would like is to ditch the factory dual exhause and get the GM factory high performance mufflers for a more nicier exhause sound BUT the insurance might take it all wrong and insure me higher cuz they may think I want to race this car. Again it all depends on the insurance company. Two more months will tell the tale.:thumbsup:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I am pretty sure the insurance doesn't look at exhaust, after all no one is asked about that or reports that if they change their exhaust. Also, it sounds like your timing is going to put you on year end and then things get kind of crazy, you get what you get from what is left. Of course, if you push into 2014, you can order what you want. I was lucky and got exactly what I wanted in August, but it was right place at right time. My intention had been to buy a 2013 in January. Just kind of luck of the draw.

·
8,984 Posts
Oh you can't have performance and a 2 SS? Really? You are a tool. Piss off dildo!:5go:
Eventhough it's funny and I am sure you are kidding, I would be remiss, if I did not mention that it is against the rules to name call.

Carry on dip****. :eek::lol:

i'm so happy to live on Aruba...:cool:
The 2SS is the only available Camaro GM brings to the island...! :thumbsup:
I am heading back to Aruba next year. Love the Island! MY favorite place to vacation and if my hotel brand would hurry up and build one there, would probably move there permanently and then retire there......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haha now that is a cool moderator.

:5go:

·
Bully Proof
7,087 Posts
Chapel,

Thankyou for your support too! I like to get my possible new purchase as fully optioned as possible as well. The only additional option I would like is to ditch the factory dual exhause and get the GM factory high performance mufflers for a more nicier exhause sound BUT the insurance might take it all wrong and insure me higher cuz they may think I want to race this car. Again it all depends on the insurance company. Two more months will tell the tale.:thumbsup:

Mail Clerk
Your insurance company has NO WAY of knowing what kind of exhaust you have on your car unless YOU tell them...and even if you did it would NOT change your rate at all. They base your rates on the major options included on the factory build of you car anf your driving record (and your credit rating , of course) and nothing else so no need to worry about the modifications you add because they will never affect the cost of your insurance...no matter what car you buy.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Your insurance company has NO WAY of knowing what kind of exhaust you have on your car unless YOU tell them...and even if you did it would NOT change your rate at all. They base your rates on the major options included on the factory build of you car anf your driving record (and your credit rating , of course) and nothing else so no need to worry about the modifications you add because they will never affect the cost of your insurance...no matter what car you buy.
credit rating might be by company or maybe by how long you have been with a company or something else ... I have a subscription monitoring my credit and they let me know when ever ANYTHING changes on my credit report ... since I started this subscription about 3 years ago, I have never seen allstate check my credit. That said many years back, I do know allstate did check because they notified me ... I haven't gotten on of those notifications in many years though ... change in policy?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi you all,

Thank you for your fast replies. I think just after the next holiday coming up in May I'm gonna get serious and get a quote from AAA about how much both cars would cost me annualy. In the meantime I'll just keep looking at the Chevy site and do some more homework. Right now it just a waiting game. For sure by June I should have something.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hello patriotpa

A visit to a dealership may give you some better insight on some questions you may have. If you like, I can contact one nearest you to set up a visit. All I would need is your contact information and zip code. What do think? Let me know, here to help!

Reggie B, Chevrolet Customer Care.

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
Read my sig. I already got what I want.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hello patriotpa

A visit to a dealership may give you some better insight on some questions you may have. If you like, I can contact one nearest you to set up a visit. All I would need is your contact information and zip code. What do think? Let me know, here to help!

I'm pretty sure you meant this for "mailclerk" not patriotpa ... from his posts, I'm pretty sure patriotpa is very happy with what he has.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello patriotpa

Hey Patriotpa, Looks like you got some type of form letter. I saw the exact same post for a newbie.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
54", keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1SS all the way for me. I'm married so I don't need to impress anyone with leather interior. as far as the gauges, oil pressure is all I'd care about and hardly worth the six grand my dealer wanted for the 2SS. Buy what you will enjoy. HP is the same.
Have fun, and Best regards

·
Registered
299 Posts
1 SS is a waste of money. Go for the 2ss you get so much more Gauges leather. Don't understand why anyone would buy this car with cloth seats. Looks very cheap when you open the door And see cloth and no gauges.
Don't understand why people want bells and whistles. Backup camera? Gauges that you can't see? Leather that gets hot in the sun? 8 audio sound system? (Srry, i like my exhaust better). The only thing cool is the hud

·
Registered
299 Posts
Anybody that doesnt buy a ZL1 is wasting their money. 2SS? Phhhhhhhh, im trading my SS for a ZL1 in a few. Having a non supercharged Camaro is like having a malibu. They give you the option of having a supercharger. Don't be a loser and not get one like I did the first time. If your not supercharged your not cool. Srry

(I am being sarcastic in this post and showing how some of you are just a bunch of pricks and this point was brought up before, Camaro owners seem to compete with each other while putting down each others rides. Dont be an F'in A55hole. Show some respect!!. People have their own reasons for buying what they buy. They could be using the extra cost for mods they want more over a back up camera or leather seats. Im sooo sick of douche bags)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anybody that doesnt buy a ZL1 is wasting their money. 2SS? Phhhhhhhh, im trading my SS for a ZL1 in a few. Having a non supercharged Camaro is like having a malibu. They give you the option of having a supercharger. Don't be a loser and not get one like I did the first time. If your not supercharged your not cool. Srry

(I am being sarcastic in this post and showing how some of you are just a bunch of pricks and this point was brought up before, Camaro owners seem to compete with each other while putting down each others rides. Dont be an F'in A55hole. Show some respect!!. People have their own reasons for buying what they buy. They could be using the extra cost for mods they want more over a back up camera or leather seats. Im sooo sick of douche bags)
Yeah I was getting it after your first sentence Good One
Dont forget that most of these guys are Heavily Financed
Some of us paid cash and got what we wanted and could afford without strapping ourselves.
1SS for me too, SS,M6 and the green were all I cared about,And My dealer had leather installed no charge-- !00%--Bolsters and rear of seats.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts