Modern Camaro Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah I was getting it after your first sentence Good One
Dont forget that most of these guys are Heavily Financed
Some of us paid cash and got what we wanted and could afford without strapping ourselves.
1SS for me too, SS,M6 and the green were all I cared about,And My dealer had leather installed no charge-- !00%--Bolsters and rear of seats.
i have to agree the 2SS was too much for the leather, another 5k, so i settled for the 1SS and im happy, i dont think the cloth looks cheap at all

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I prefer the cloth. It's ALL cloth, not mostly naugahyde and some cowhide. Feels better, especially in the summer, and I don't have to feel guilty about those poor naugas being slaughtered for their skins.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anybody that doesnt buy a ZL1 is wasting their money. 2SS? Phhhhhhhh, im trading my SS for a ZL1 in a few. Having a non supercharged Camaro is like having a malibu. They give you the option of having a supercharger. Don't be a loser and not get one like I did the first time. If your not supercharged your not cool. Srry

(I am being sarcastic in this post and showing how some of you are just a bunch of pricks and this point was brought up before, Camaro owners seem to compete with each other while putting down each others rides. Dont be an F'in A55hole. Show some respect!!. People have their own reasons for buying what they buy. They could be using the extra cost for mods they want more over a back up camera or leather seats. Im sooo sick of douche bags)
What he said!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I prefer the cloth. It's ALL cloth, not mostly naugahyde and some cowhide. Feels better, especially in the summer, and I don't have to feel guilty about those poor naugas being slaughtered for their skins.
very true lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
1ss m6 paid cash right off the showroom floor and bought a ltz crewcab too also paid cash....... and no I'm not bragging.......

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
The Camaro's seats ARE NOT mostly made of naugahyde...otherwise known as pleather in the 21st century. The front seats are mostly leather with only the back of the seat covers being made of pleather while the entire rear seat cover is made out of leather. There is a reason that almost all leather seat covers are made this way...and it isn't because the car companies are being cheap. Leather is not a stretchy material like cloth is...unless you make it wet...so the backs of the seats are comprised of pleather in order to get the stretchability required for a tight fit over the seat frame.

If you have cloth seats...that's great...there's NOTHING wrong with getting what you want. But don't act like those of us that choose leather seats are sitting on cheap naugahyde crap. I had my seat covers custom made and even inspected the green dyed leather myself before they were stitched together so I can testify to the quality of the leather that Roadwire uses in the leather seat kits they make for all of GM's cars and trucks.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I like the options on the 2SS and they have come in handy often. I love the look of the leather seats especially at night with a girl in the car. It isn't a waste to get the 2SS. Even the RS package is a nice addition. Some people prefer not to have all the bells and whistles. And I certainly don't need all the extras. But after having all the options, I don't think I could go back to not having them, lol!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I like the HUD, backup camera and leather ... first time I have had any of them ... I'm getting a little used to the gauges ... I'll never pay this much for a car again so I'm gonna enjoy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remember that the only thing that matters is if you like your own car. I don't personally like leather. I never have and I doubt I ever will. I hate leather anything;couches, chairs, trim...you name it.

It looks new for a very small amount of time unless you never use it. Then half of the people who just "must have leather" have cloth seat covers over them.

To be honest I don't buy cars like this for comfort. If I wanted that I'd get a luxury sedan.
I got the leather in my 2010 2SS and I absolutely love it! I have had my car for eight years and have driven it over 200,000 miles and my leather still looks fantastic! There is no way that cloth would ever be able to compare with the durability and nice clean look that my leather seats still have today. After the experience I have had with the leather seats in my Camaro 2SS, I will never own another car without leather seats. I clean them and treat them once in a blue moon… LOL. Seriously, they have been extremely easy to take care of and the effort I have expended has been minimal. I just thought I would let you know about my personal experience with leather seats in the new Camaros.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts