Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here I am at work 2 hours early for today, the "actual" digital transition..... Nearly every station in my state is switching over, and since I work for the cable company, not allowed to use names, I have to work extra hours.

Anyways, I decided I would ask..... are you ready?

·
Registered
146 Posts
how many people really only have broadcast tv, i dont think it will effect then many people

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, the reason that the government put in to have it pushed back is because in it's "polls" only 17% of households are ready.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Actually, the reason that the government put in to have it pushed back is because in it's "polls" only 17% of households are ready.
I bet it's only because the majority of people don't even know what the heck it means.

I can't even remember a time when I didn't have cable TV...gotta be 25 years.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I am completely ready Nothing but HD televisions at my house and i got my grandmothers converter box months ago set up and ready to go

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they didn't. FCC rules say they couldn't do it until today. And if they don't do it today they cannot start doing it until March 10.

They may have run tests, but they haven't fully switched over.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh huh. I don't know about that. All I know about as test sites were cities in California, and a city in Illinois.
You could be right. :D I don't know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is impressive!

While the national DTV transition will be on February 17, 2009, the Wilmington, North Carolina area transitioned at 12 noon on September 8, 2008. Full-power commercial TV stations now only broadcast in digital. Digital broadcasting allows stations to offer improved picture and sound quality and additional channels. Find out more about whether or not you will be impacted by the digital TV (DTV) transition. Go now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilmington, NC First in Flight - First in Digital:
DTV Transition Premieres in Wilmington, North Carolina.
DTV Test Pilot Program - Analog Broadcasts Ended September 8, 2008.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts