Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2SS on order through Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland TX. My wife has no idea about this. This car is to replace my wifes 1997 Z28 with 104,000 miles on it. Very clean and well maintained vehicle.
Anyway, I pick up a brochure at the dealership the other day. She sees it tonight and says I don't think I am going to like Red Jewel Tint. We went through all the options a few months ago. Keep in mind she has no idea I have this car on order and currently 3400 status. It has everything she told me she wanted. Now she says she probably wants to go order a Victory Red. Should I tell her about the car? It is suppose to be a surprise. Or should I stick to my original plan and pick it up and park it in the garage so it is there when she comes home? She said she thought it looked to maroon in the brochure. What to do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Surprise her. While I haven't seen a RJT in person I've heard it is a color that doesn't photograph well. Of course I'm biased since I have a RJT on order also.

Now the hard part is to keep her from ordering one to surprise you :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surprise her. While I haven't seen a RJT in person I've heard it is a color that doesn't photograph well. Of course I'm biased since I have a RJT on order also.

Now the hard part is to keep her from ordering one to surprise you :)
Thats the best part. She can't without me finding out. She is Contract Labor and she is going without a job for the next few months while daughter is out of school. She would also be ordering through a friend (same person I ordered through) so she would just fake taking an order from her and tell her no deposit necessary. She is on the surprise. She also said to keep the car.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Tell her you found out that the wait for a car is so long now...you just want to wait to think about it....then bring it home and put a bow on it :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Show her a red tint Vette and see what see thinks. I've seen the real car at lots of places (I do the auto show circuit) and not one person has not liked it. Its as close to a candy apple red as you can get. It just sparkles in the sunlight.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell her you found out that the wait for a car is so long now...you just want to wait to think about it....then bring it home and put a bow on it :)
Scotty have you seen RJT yet? Her main concern is too maroon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Show her a red tint Vette and see what see thinks. I've seen the real car at lots of places (I do the auto show circuit) and not one person has not liked it. Its as close to a candy apple red as you can get. It just sparkles in the sunlight.
Do you think the production color will be the same they had at the shows? If so I sure like the way you describe it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a caddy that is the RJM. Well caddy calls it something different, but i love the color, i think she will like it. I think she would like any color you bring her. If my g/f did that i know i wouldn't care what color it was.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It looks different in different lighting situations. Heres a couple of pics I took today with the RJT on a malibu. Fluorescent Showroom lights. Taken with a D70 nikon which gives very accurate color.
show016.jpg

show017.jpg

·
Registered
738 Posts
My Mustang's a similar color, and people tell me all of the time how beautiful it is. I'm sure your wife will love it once it's there.

First of all she's going to love the fact she has a new car, especially a new Camaro. But then the fact that the color is beautiful will enhance her love.

I have confidence she'll love it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Using my BB so here goes since I can't use quote feature for some reason.
Rays do you think it looks maroon? I sure like the candy apple red comment earlier. To everyone else thanks for the positive reinforcement. I hope it knocks her off her feet. When she made that comment tonight I almost let the cat out of the bag in frusteration and confusion at that moment. It was very hard to keep my composure but I managed. :) I have never kept something this big from her in our 13 years and coming on here helps me keep my sanity since I can't talk to her about it. Thanks everyone. I will let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say the brighter the light the more of a deep red it is. In lower light it looks maroon. These are from other users so I can't say how accurate the camera they were using is for color but you get the idea.
RJT.jpg
2010b.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts