Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 4 years my major gripe with my SS has been with the trunk getting opened by my pants pressing against the remote control. Is there any easy way to disable this very annoying faeture?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
it happened to me about 3 times since i had the car too

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Nothing that I can find in programming.. First thought was to take the remote apart and take out the rubber peice that contacts the circuit board, I tried one here for a broken one we had, and there is really no way I can see to pry one open without damaging the case for it...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Maybe a small hard case?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
My wife bought a button that mounted on her starter switch ... specifically, an M&M, but there were lots of other things ... I wonder if it would be rigid enough to cover the trunk button and prevent inadvertent disclosure ... if anyone thinks they are interested, I can try to find the vendor

·
Registered
383 Posts
For 4 years my major gripe with my SS has been with the trunk getting opened by my pants pressing against the remote control. Is there any easy way to disable this very annoying faeture?
Hello hddan,

I can understand your frustration here. I may have some information that may neutralize this issue for you. I located this in your owner's manual on page 5-46 Instruments and Controls.

Door Unlock Options
This allows selection of which doors will unlock when pressing the unlock
button on the RKE transmitter. Press the MENU/SELECT knob when Door Unlock Options is highlighted. Turn the knob to select All Doors or Driver Door Only. Press the knob to confirm and go back to the last menu.

This may work for you. Hope this helps.

Reggie B.
Chevy Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I've had those things happen a couple of times....kinda like butt dialing your phone.:lol:

My problem is my long leggs getting in or out and my left knee hits the button on the door. :( Then I have to get out of the car and shut the trunk before I can go anywhere.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
lol I thought we were talking about the button on the door ... now it makes more sense

·
Registered
21 Posts
Use the little pocket in your jeans. you know the one old timers used for a time keeper and only put your key fob in it. or just lock your key in the glove box a use your phone to unlock your car it will take longer but you have plenty of time for fast once your in your car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I am old enough to call that pocket a watch pocket. I put my fob in and it just fits. I am on my Harley today but when I get home I will see if my automated, self regulating, trunk opener still opens my trunk when I want it closed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far, so good. Putting my remote into my watch pocket seems to have solved my problem so far. It must be the fact that other items in my pocket would press against the remote when I walked or sat down. I never had this problem with other cars, including my three previous Camaros because the remotes had a range of about four feet where the gen five remotes have about a quarter of a mile of effective range. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can tell you how to fix this with only 2 words. Duct Tape.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok so iv found a solution. A two stage relay for the trunk you just take the stock one out and put the new one in it makes you have to push the trunk button twice before it will pop the trunk i found it at car id and summit. Problem solved

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Great! Are you going to keep us guessing about the part numbers?:lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
ya dont wear such tight pants lol. dont rely on onstar. iv had that app not work a few times and it always takes a minute or 3 to unlock your doors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts