Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad:Hi all, new to the forum!!
On 1/2/09 I went into my local GM Dealer and places a order for a new 2010 Camaro with a $500 deposit. After hearing they were allocated 8 orders, I was 4 of 8. Really exiceted about this as I ordered it the way I wanted it. I was told that I would have information on Thursday the 19th. Well I received a call this afternoon and told that the allocation was cut back to 4!! Well needless to say I am on the outside looking in. Just wanted to vent as I guess there is nothing else I can do. My hat's off to all you confirmed Camaro order holders.
I MEANT THEY WERE ALLOCATED 3

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that sucks! maybe they never REALLY had 8 allocated and were just over-estimating in order to get more deposits.

If you were 4th, wouldn't you still be 4 of 4?

I'd raise hell until they make it right...and/or take your deposit back and look for another dealer.

OH...and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im sorry to hear what happened to you Read my last thread "If you have any doubts about your order" I posted a few min ago if you want to hear about my story they might have done what they tried doing to me.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Welcome to :5go: and wouldn't that make you 4 of 4 as powerfreak said

·
Registered
370 Posts
On 1/2/09 I went into my local GM Dealer and places a order for a new 2010 Camaro with a $500 deposit. After hearing they were allocated 8 orders, I was 4 of 8. Really exiceted about this as I ordered it the way I wanted it. I was told that I would have information on Thursday the 19th. Well I received a call this afternoon and told that the allocation was cut back to 4!! Well needless to say I am on the outside looking in. Just wanted to vent as I guess there is nothing else I can do. My hat's off to all you confirmed Camaro order holders.
Where are you located ? Canada or USA.

·
Registered
370 Posts
:popcorn:

trick question?

:popcorn:
No trick question, If he was up here in Southern Ontario , Canada i would direct him to a Chev dealer we use. I could not find anything in his post that stated where he was located. Just trying to be helpful.

Super6

·
Registered
913 Posts
No trick question, If he was up here in Southern Ontario , Canada i would direct him to a Chev dealer we use. I could not find anything in his post that stated where he was located. Just trying to be helpful.

Super6
No man; I was wondering if HE thought it was a trick question and that's why he didn't answer...:lol:

·
Registered
470 Posts
:mad:
Fixed in original post.

I've never heard of a dealer's allocation being reduced...anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fixed in original post.

I've never heard of a dealer's allocation being reduced...anyone else heard of this?
To put it bluntly, NO.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
ohh i get the disapointment now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Disappointment turns to joy!!!

ohh i get the disapointment now
Well I have found another dealer whom actually had an allocation and I placed my order with him. Looking at the previous dealer order under type it said "Retail Stock". My suspision was correct as it appears that it was a money/profit issue. My current Order Workbench says "Retail Sold". I also have in writng that I am paying MSRP on this order. At this stage off the process I probally won't see the car until September?? Is so its ok as I now know that I HAVE a order in the system. I ordered a:
1ET37 2SS WRS CGM

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Well I have found another dealer whom actually had an allocation and I placed my order with him. Looking at the previous dealer order under type it said "Retail Stock". My suspision was correct as it appears that it was a money/profit issue. My current Order Workbench says "Retail Sold". I also have in writng that I am paying MSRP on this order. At this stage off the process I probally won't see the car until September?? Is so its ok as I now know that I HAVE a order in the system. I ordered a:
1ET37 2SS WRS CGM

That's good news:thumbsup:

edit>>> wow, my 2,500th post...i need to get out more.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
well congrats, MILEHI, on getting it all worked out. some dealers just suck. i'm keeping my fingers crossed you receive your order before september :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts