Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a car cover and will remove the battery,,,remember once the trunk is closed- to install cover,,,the trunk can not be opened for reinstalling battery, except by going onto the trunk through the backseat and hauling the emergency handle. K , no prob so far ,,,The dumb question is???? once the battery is disconnected,,,,are the door locks automatically de-energized,,if this is the right way to describe it..to avoid a fluke stroke of luck as in accidently /hitting/ the lock button after disconn. Some components of new vehicles may stay energized after battery disconn..correct me if I am wrong ?
Anyway # 1 . I am going to check that my inside trunk emrgency handle works.....:)
Thanks
Mike

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
If that is the case with the Camaro (no key hole) I would do one of the following:

1. Remove the battery and store it in the basement of the house for the winter. Put a rag over the trunk locking mechanism, cover the car and let it sleep.

2. Buy a battery tender to use on the vehicle while it is in storage.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I agree with OverAnxious. I've used battery tenders on all of my vehicles with great success. I live in Wisconsin and the winters get pretty brutal, but the battery tenders have allowed me to save/extend the life of my batteries. Usually my motorcycle batteries would only last a year or two. My current bike has a battery I purchased in 2005, and it is going strong. I give credit to the battery tender. I believe it's the way to go. ;)

Even if you remove the battery, placing it on a battery tender will ensure that it will be ready when it comes time to put it back into your ride. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts