1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Nice writeup.

1 hour?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i really like the Kooks headers, allows for the option of any cat-back you want. but i'm happy with my ARH headers right now.

i think these will be the ones i put on my Z28... if that ever happens!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Timing is everything. I will be picking up my Kooks headers this week. VERY nice write up. Excelent pictures. Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great write up. I just installed a new set of headers this week. The only question I have is about the Loc tite. If the heat doesn't break it down won't you need a torch to get the bolts out in the future if needed? I'm not a mechanic by any stretch and this header install was the most extensive thing I've ever done to a car. My question is out of sheer curiosity.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumbsup:

Nice writeup.

1 hour?
I caught that after I had posted it. I wish it only took 1 hour. :lol: Thanks for the heads up though. :D

Great write up. I just installed a new set of headers this week. The only question I have is about the Loc tite. If the heat doesn't break it down won't you need a torch to get the bolts out in the future if needed? I'm not a mechanic by any stretch and this header install was the most extensive thing I've ever done to a car. My question is out of sheer curiosity.

Chris
I've used loctite on all my header installs. It keeps the bolts from coming loose over time. Since it's only blue you won't need a torch to get the bolts out. When I removed my headers from previous cars the bolts came out with very little resistance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used loctite on all my header installs. It keeps the bolts from coming loose over time. Since it's only blue you won't need a torch to get the bolts out. When I removed my headers from previous cars the bolts came out with very little resistance.
I'll have to remember that for next time. thanks.

·
8,984 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumbsup:

I caught that after I had posted it. I wish it only took 1 hour. :lol: Thanks for the heads up though. :D

No, no worries brother, I was actually HOPING it only took you an hour. :)

I agree on the Loctite, the torch comment was LAUGHABLE. Blue loctite is great stuff for headers.:lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree on the Loctite, the torch comment was LAUGHABLE. Blue loctite is great stuff for headers.:lol:
why laughable? There are numerous articles on having to apply heat to remove a bolt with loc-tite. My question was out of curiosity and not meant to be malicious. Of course maybe like your avatar implies....you are a little ***** who gets off on trying to belittle someone for trying to learn.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Chris
Loctite comes in different strengths. Blue is what you use to keep bolts tight but you will want to remove that bolt someday. Red is very strong and may require heat to remove. Hope this answers you question.

·
8,984 Posts
why laughable? There are numerous articles on having to apply heat to remove a bolt with loc-tite. My question was out of curiosity and not meant to be malicious. Of course maybe like your avatar implies....you are a little ***** who gets off on trying to belittle someone for trying to learn.
WOW name calling; how mature sweety.:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

The point is that if you knew anything about loctite AND you had a sense of humor you would realize why your comment was laughable. It was a joke RELAX. Besides, his website says BLUE Loctite.

OR, you could have used google and learned the uses of loctite, I mean you found those "articles" that say loctite used on bolts require heat for removal, so I would assume you would have gone to their (loctite's) website to see if there was more than one product called loctite and what it's intended uses. They do sell stuff beside threadlockers.:rolleyes:

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/threadlockers.shtml :thumbsup:

Don't cry I wasn't making fun of you, just your words.:lol:

Can we kiss and make-up now?

Once again, VERY nice write-up; Keep them coming!

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
So I read the beginning of this thread and saw 1 hour and didn't see the LOL. This was a much bigger job than I anticipated. It took me over 6 hours working alone. Air tools are highly recomended. The factory header bolts have loctite on them so you have to wrench them all the way out.

If you ask your buddy to help you can avoid droping one of your brand new Kooks headers and wasting half an hour pounding out the dent. :angry:

Tip: When you go looking for a 13 mm socket and find your set jumps from 12 mm to 14 mm it's because 1/2" is the same as 13 mm. I used to know that. :rolleyes:

All the electrical connectors have that little safety pin that has to come out first. I believe it is overkill and I didn't bother replacing them. I have an A6 trans and the rear 02 sensor plugs are tucked up on the side of the tranny. Not user friendly. The driver side is the worst.

·
Registered
381 Posts
:)

WOW name calling; how mature sweety.:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

The point is that if you knew anything about loctite AND you had a sense of humor you would realize why your comment was laughable. It was a joke RELAX. Besides, his website says BLUE Loctite.

OR, you could have used google and learned the uses of loctite, I mean you found those "articles" that say loctite used on bolts require heat for removal, so I would assume you would have gone to their (loctite's) website to see if there was more than one product called loctite and what it's intended uses. They do sell stuff beside threadlockers.:rolleyes:

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/threadlockers.shtml :thumbsup:

Don't cry I wasn't making fun of you, just your words.:lol:

Can we kiss and make-up now?

Once again, VERY nice write-up; Keep them coming!
:D

BEAUTIFUL...:D

·
8,984 Posts
:D:D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts