Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You would be surprised what even a soft material would take off with air pressure. The problem is the amount off BS you will go through to do a little job. Especially when your outside and not in a container.. Thats why those inclosers cost so much.. Once you stripe parts with a blaster U will be hooked. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would be surprised what even a soft material would take off with air pressure. The problem is the amount off BS you will go through to do a little job. Especially when your outside and not in a container.. Thats why those inclosers cost so much.. Once you stripe parts with a blaster U will be hooked. :thumbsup:
I spent an entire summer using a sandblaster to strip parts. I never want to do that again. It was boring, slow, and dirty. Wire-wheel plus DIY soda blaster should be a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I spent an entire summer using a sandblaster to strip parts. I never want to do that again. It was boring, slow, and dirty. Wire-wheel plus DIY soda blaster should be a lot faster.
Well I got the whole thing. And was so much faster and easier for me.. No sanding, gringing or chemicals.. I guess to each there own.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Some people Sand blast however sand blasting actually leaves pits at times where soda doesnt.
My Dad Builds tri fives for a living 55, 56 and 57 chevys.
He takes them off the frames and soda or sand blast everything you can imagine like the frame/suspension parts and under carrige of the body.

it takes it to BARE metal then its time for priming and painting the new surface.

One thing soda doesnt do is stick in the cracks like sand does.

keep one thing in MIND if you do this at your Home lol ITS VERY VERY VERY Messy omg its messy however it works :thumbsup:

Takes a part down to bare metal :thumbsup:

awsome for frame off restorations or cleaning up old parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts