Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
He could say it looks like an Amish buggy, but that wouldn't be true either.
idjits.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I liked the fifth gen from the jump! To me it has the cross of the 67-68 and 69 body lines. Anytime you can get 300+hp out of a 6 banger, that's muscle. I enjoyed my 2013 1LT, but my 2012 2SS is in a league of it's own. Both Verts. but the wife insists.Lol

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I like the 6th Gen, but my 2012 is paid for with low miles, so I have no intention of taking a huge loss. If I were, I would be in a Camaro, not a Mustang

·
Registered
36 Posts
I liked the fifth gen from the jump! To me it has the cross of the 67-68 and 69 body lines. Anytime you can get 300+hp out of a 6 banger, that's muscle. I enjoyed my 2013 1LT, but my 2012 2SS is in a league of it's own. Both Verts. but the wife insists.Lol
^^^^^
This. Spot on. The gen5 hit me when I first saw it. I knew I wanted it. The zL1 made me drool. Like the gen6 but not feelin' it like the 5th... @ least not until the 6th gen zl1...

-Don

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hardly :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I think it is the other way around....Mustangs started to morph into Camaro's after the fifth gens cam out.:lol:

I just laugh every time I see the new cars out today with LEDs all over the front ends.....copy cat is the best kind of complement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The new Mustang looks good. IMO, the best looking Mustang since the '69-70 models. The 6th gen Camaro looks like an import or European version of the 5th gen. It sort of reminds me of what a present day Toyota Celica would look like with Camaro design attributes.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
To me I feel they're trying to appeal more to younger crowd and to the foreign market with this 6th Gen. Now that they're starting to roll into the lots, I'll have to stop by to one of my local dealerships and check it out in person.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like the 6th Gen, but my 2012 is paid for with low miles, so I have no intention of taking a huge loss. If I were, I would be in a Camaro, not a Mustang
83Hokie,

I'd trade mine in if I could for the 6th generation (RS) myself. They did some interior improvements that I like.

Mail Clerk:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
83Hokie,

I'd trade mine in if I could for the 6th generation (RS) myself. They did some interior improvements that I like.

Mail Clerk:thumbsup:
at how they depreciate cars, mine would have cost me over a dollar a mile to operate just based on cost of the car ... I like that number to be something like 20 cents a mile or less ... I'm going to have this a long time and im not making some dealer rich off me

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I agree with you Hokie, they can bury me in mine when I die.:lol:

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Well, I stopped in and checked out a 2SS last week....It is a bit smaller in some exterior aspects, but not to where I'll run out and buy one....I do love my '15 1LE. Now the interior is stunning compared to my 5th gen, but still not enough to loose one for the other.....So overall.... :thumbsup: but that's the extent of it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's not right to judge this car from photographs, when you see the car in motion it looks so much better, and the performance is pretty awesome too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F9DxrDhZ6w

I wish they'd bring back the quad taillights though. I like what they did to them, sort of following the stingray, but I'd still like to see 4 separate taillight lenses, just to be traditional. I think it's something that sets chevy apart from the others.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I saw them in person for the first time a couple days ago. They look ok, but not distinct enough from the 5th that I would go out and buy one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts