Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do wives/gf's feel threatened by the camaro? i know some guys are lucky enough to have g/f's and wives who share their passion for this car, some who accept it as part of who you are. But i know there's wives/g/f's who made their guy's get rid of the hot car when they get serious about the relationship (kinda like getting rid of the competition). anyone ever have an experience like that?

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I've seen many guys go through that. I myself had bad past relationships that were against me spending anything on a car. Do what makes you happy. Don't let a chick tell you to get rid of something you like. It only costs your self identity in the long run. The best part is eventually the bug kicks back in you buy a different car and she is pissed all over again. That usually causes the end of the relationship. If you would have told her the car stays from the get go, she would have to deal with it. If not SEE YA!!! There are others out there. They need to understand that car is part of what we like and are into.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My wife also loves the car. Also has her own Camaro already... but she is tired of hearing about the 5th gen. Maybe it will be better when there is one in our driveway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you would have told her the car stays from the get go, she would have to deal with it. If not SEE YA!!! There are others out there. They need to understand that car is part of what we like and are into.
sounds right. just want to hear back from those guys who get along with both at the same time, wife and car .. what's the secret to living in domestic harmony :homer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife is almost as nuts about the 5th Gen as I am. The only reason she's slightly less excited about it is that she won't get to drive it!

Transformers was her favourite movie until we saw Iron Man!

She's also more in favour of getting the V6, again, because she doesn't drive, so I don't think she understands why we all want the V8...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
My wife says "I don't care, get what you want, just quit talking about it already". Although, I went to the KC auto show specifically to see Bumblebee, and she wanted to come, so we took the kids and went. When she saw it in person, she said "That looks really cool in person." She understands my obsession with it, because I've loved cars since I met her. Not a gear-head, just an admirer. And I change cars every 2-3 years, until next year, when I get my dream car.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
My wife insists that I get it. We were going to get 2 but now she is attached to the GTO and does not want to trade it for a second Camaro.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
My wife insists that I get it. We were going to get 2 but now she is attached to the GTO and does not want to trade it for a second Camaro.
Mine hated the GTO at first, but now she thinks I'm crazy to get rid of it. The GTO must do something to the females :screwy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am an absolute Camaro fanatic. I have a 1967 and now two 1968's, all project cars. I'm also female :D. This is just some input from the other side, but my former husband (he passed away in 1997) heard a rumor that someone would give me $4500 for my 1967. This was around 1991 or 1992, and not a bad price for the car, considering I paid $3500 for it in 190. He was ready to sell it immediately, no questions asked, even though it was my car, in my name, and purchased by me long before we got married. I waited a long time to get the car, and there was no way I would ever get rid of it for any dollar amount. Needless to say, he got a new one from me, if you know what I mean. I still have the car. At any rate, I have heard stories of guys giving up some pretty sweet rides because of a g/f or wife, and that's just wrong......:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Until she drives it.... :D
Na she's not a speed junkie. She's already referring to it as "her" car yet I'm the one driving it.

Fortunately I haven't had to give up any car I've owned based on her. Hell she didn't like me getting rid of the Nova and getting the Z28.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It wasn't me that made the hubby get rid of any of his cars, it was the kids!!!:mad::lol: Now that they've all grown up and left, except for the last one, we always tell people, "Everytime a kid leaves the house a car comes home with us!" It's working out pretty sweet too!:roxor:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need a new car, but I told my wife I want to squeeze another 12-18 months out of my Protege until the Camaro Convertible hits the streets.

She responded that I was too young to buy the type of car that men only buy when they are having a mid-life crisis.

I have a feeling that when the day comes that I buy my new car, she probably won't still be my wife.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I had a 68 that became a POS, didnt have the money to fix it so I sold it. Now that I do have the money, my wife doesnt want to spend the time nor money restoring one. So I said why not get the 5th Gen and she was totally on board. I will buy it, drive the sh!t out of it, when it is payed off, garage it, and make it a serious weekend toy....and keep this one forever.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am an absolute Camaro fanatic. I have a 1967 and now two 1968's, all project cars. I'm also female :D. This is just some input from the other side, but my former husband (he passed away in 1997) heard a rumor that someone would give me $4500 for my 1967. This was around 1991 or 1992, and not a bad price for the car, considering I paid $3500 for it in 190. He was ready to sell it immediately, no questions asked, even though it was my car, in my name, and purchased by me long before we got married. I waited a long time to get the car, and there was no way I would ever get rid of it for any dollar amount. Needless to say, he got a new one from me, if you know what I mean. I still have the car. At any rate, I have heard stories of guys giving up some pretty sweet rides because of a g/f or wife, and that's just wrong......:confused:
Now I must say...you are my kinda woman! Sorry about your husband, but you were right to keep your car (passion). If you go changing your passions or attitudes,(just to please someone) you really aren't the same person afterall. Now, are you seeing anyone????:D That is of course if you don't mind a guy who owns 5 vehicles....

·
Registered
318 Posts
My girl fully endorses my purchase of a Black on Black on Black Camaro 6-speed. On one condition: She gets to get the hood a bit dirty, out in the country, if you know what I mean. :p But really, she has always loved Camaro's, and the first time I showed her a fifth gen, she about died.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.