Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas is not about presents or raises or anything in that matter its about spending time with Family and being thankful for what you have.

Do any of yall or have any of yall given back to help someone/people at Xmas ?

Friends of my Family hold a local area car show each month.
$10 for entry to a car. All trophies are donated.
Near the end of the season around October my parents and there friends
who throw the shows. Go to the Salvation Army and finds the name's of families and there kids and there addresses and what there kids want.

After all gifts are bought for the kids ( this year 92 kids ) $17,213.00 was raised Car show people who attended the shows help wrap the gifts.
Every year the weekend before XMAS we all climb into our hotrods
fill them with Gifts and deliver them to the kids with Santa claus in our vehicle.
Seeing the look on the little kids Faces when they get presents is priceless :)

If there is left over money after all presents are bought then that money is taken to a jewelry store and a womans ring is purchased.
We tell the jewelry store owner to make a ring and whatever size he wants for a womans finger.

THIS IS CALLED Cinderella.

As we go to each house after the kids get there preents.
Santa gets mom to the side and she tries the ring on.... if she
can wear it and it fits then it is her's if it doesnt fit Santa tries the next house.

This is how " my family " helps give back each year.

Nothing like cruising around neighbors with 51 hotrods in parade fashion delivering gifts with Santa in the lead car.

My parents Friends turn Fun times into Helping Families who don't have much.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I volunteer at a local animal shelter... I do it mostly during the week when I have free time all year

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
On another car forum I'm part owner of, I donated discontinued, NOS and hard to find parts to worthy recipients undergoing restorations of their rides to help defer a bit of their costs. Street value of the parts was estimated to be about $1000.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I volunteer at a local animal shelter... I do it mostly during the week when I have free time all year
Thats Awsome :thumbsup:

At work a guy just got his Layoff slip earlier today and 2 weeks ago his wife told him after 16 years she doesnt love him anymore and she wants a divorce.
Kind of made me start thinking......... He sat next to me everyday and to think here I am with a screensaver of a 2010 Camaro and a picture of my 69.

And here this guy is having everything taken from him at once.
Kind of a reality check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts