Modern Camaro Forums banner

Do you care that the fuel fill is on the RIGHT?

• I don't care.

Votes: 54 57.4%
  • AGH, I want it on the drivers side.

Votes: 40 42.6%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
that totally sucks!! but its prolly too late now to change that, isnt it? its worth getting used to for this car anyway. but it sure would be nice if the focus group could convince them to fix it! lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
I dislike it, actually, but I do understand that to market it wider than North America, they're going to have to do the right hand side. A majority of the countries it's going to be marketed in (Japan, Africa, Europe), drive on the right side of the left, not the right, which makes the gas pumps easier to get to, for them, for the RHD setups. Kind of a trade off to keep the car selling world wide so that the V8's are still a viable option.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just observing, really.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't like it. I will still pull up on the right side of the pump & drag the hose over the car.

I have gotten dirty looks from people with the fuel fill on the right when I pull up to them bumper to bumper because my current car has the fuel fill on the left side. I always wondered what they look was for since their car is the one that is backwards. I thought we drove on the right side in this country why drive backwards at the gas station.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
A majority of the countries it's going to be marketed in (Japan, Africa, Europe), drive on the right side of the left, not the right, which makes the gas pumps easier to get to, for them, for the RHD setups. Kind of a trade off to keep the car selling world wide so that the V8's are still a viable option.
Ya, but where does this can sell the most??? USA or all other countries combined?
I want drivers side, but the car I am trading in has it on the right hand side. So there shouldnt be any getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Just a guess on the reasoning aspect of why its there:

-just a little weight that can be put opposite to the driver to even distribution.
-so sort of safety rules on short wheelbase cars that require fuel fill must be a certain distance away from driver.
-trend, mustang has it.

I dont mind it at all. Im going to have get out and pump the gas anyway, so what the big deal with walking I few extra feet. Im not that lazy. I can drive so I can judge my distances just fine. Ive never owned a car will a driver side fill, so I would never notice anyway.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You also have to be a little more careful when getting out so someone flying through doesnt take your door off. If on the drivers side, no worries just the concrete pillars that will do the damage. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Like I've said before, I like the passenger side. On my Corvette, it's in the middle, and I CHOOSE to pull up on the passenger side. I am always worried about banging my door into not only the gas pumps, but the stacks of firewood/soda that the gas stations stack up at the end of the pumps.

So, the poll should have another choice, instead of don't care, I would choose "glad that it's on the passenger side".

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Are we really that desparate for conversation:confused:. It is a great car. I, like the rest of you, am diligently awaiting its arrival, but is there really a need to discuss this?

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Are we really that desparate for conversation:confused:. It is a great car. I, like the rest of you, am diligently awaiting its arrival, but is there really a need to discuss this?
Maybe there was a reason he started the thread, something from the Focus group maybe :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Maybe there was a reason he started the thread, something from the Focus group maybe :confused:
That's what I figured, because I remember talking about it before.

I like mine to be on the driver side. My reason is when I'm at the gas station in a not so safe place or late at night and so on, I like to be as close to the drivers door as possible. I feel a lot safer that way. My CTS is on the passenger side and I feel a little unconfortable sometimes at the gas station being that far away from the drivers door.
I believe it is on that side because of the Aussie design team put it on that side because it will be on the drivers side for them because there cars are right hand drive. I'm sure it would cost more to have it on the drivers side for them and us both.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Like I've said before, I like the passenger side. On my Corvette, it's in the middle, and I CHOOSE to pull up on the passenger side. I am always worried about banging my door into not only the gas pumps, but the stacks of firewood/soda that the gas stations stack up at the end of the pumps.

So, the poll should have another choice, instead of don't care, I would choose "glad that it's on the passenger side".
That's funny, I always pull up to the pump with the passenger side facing the pump in my Corvette too. I like the idea of opening my door without worrying about some pump, pillar or trashcan in my way. So, the answer to the question is: I don't care, in fact, I like the filler on the passenger side!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.