Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for us, cruise night season is starting back up this month. i dunno about you guys, but down here from March-October there are multiple cruise nights each weekend. there are 3 going on this Saturday, but we'll probably only go out to one of 'em cuz we aren't much for "cruise hopping." we like going to them cuz they are a chance to hang out with our car buddies that we sometimes don't get to see otherwise.

who else on here does cruise nights every month or weekend?

our hearse club co-hosts a cruise night with our local Fbody club on the 3rd Saturday of the month. the first one for the season is coming up next weekend (3/19) and maybe we'll get to see some of the Baton Rouge krewe again *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

here's some pics from our October 2010 cruise night when some of the Baton Rouge folks came out. this is pretty much how our cruise night looks each month. hard to get pics of all the cars at once due to the way the roof i was was standing on is shaped, but you get the idea :D

i spy CajunCamaroChic's car!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't attend it, but our local McDonald's has one on the first Friday of each month from the spring to late fall. It's real nice, when the Hot Rod Nationals roll into town in August.

·
Registered
897 Posts
There are a couple a week in our area. There's one at A&W on Wednesdays, a monthly one at a local Shari's which is a good one (200+ cars), and generally an annual one that falls on a weekend throughout the summer. We used to have on at the local Taco Bell once a week, but it was mainly a younger crowd with lots of imports, that got shut down due to the behavior. I try to make one or two a month, but weeknights can be tough for me to find time.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cruise Night season around here runs from late May to early September, and, within a 20 mile radius of my house, there is at last one event happening every night of the week.

The biggest event is at the Solon Commons, in Solon, Ohio, with 200+ vehicles in attendance each week. The event officially starts at 7pm, but the lot is usually full by 5:30. In 1996 Car Craft magazine named the Solon Commons event #6 on their Top Ten Cruise Nights list.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
The blue and white 5thgen looks large and in charge compared to the rest of that row!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I'm sure there are some in the DFW area but I have not found any yet!:(

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I Heard that there was one in Pensacola, Fl on weekends, Just have not been able to find it..

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
There is a weekly one here in Jacksonville, Fl.
Is that on a friday or saturday, what size is it. It would be a hall from here but doable from here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We have a weekly one that started a few weeks ago and goes until late November. In addition to that one there is at one every weekend of the month now. Our small towns in the area are using them as a mean to attract people to their local restaurants and shops. It is a win, win for everyone. I enjoy cruises better than car shows.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
I wish we did.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
We have them once a month on the square of our little town. And I only live about thirty mins away from Summit Racing and they have one every Monday and some on Saturday when it warms up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Down here in Houma one of the local clubs (Weekend Cruisers) has theirs on the 3rd Saturday of the month from March thru October also.
We'll be there this Saturday then we'll make the one in New Orleans at Saints Diner and the Tanger cruise in Baton Rouge over the next few months. They're all on the 3rd Saturday of the month so it makes it tough to decide on which one to attend

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
We have them once a month on the square of our little town. And I only live about thirty mins away from Summit Racing and they have one every Monday and some on Saturday when it warms up.
I need to come live with you lol I would get to cruise every week and save money on shipping from Summitt.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I need to come live with you lol I would get to cruise every week and save money on shipping from Summitt.

:lol:
:lol: yeah it's great being so close!!! They always put on great events and the store is awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
every sunday quaker steak and lube has a cruise in. ive been going there the last 2 years. also we have a Arby's that has a big cruise in on sundays. they have been doing it for a long time. i may start going back to arby's. alot more cars and parking space than at quaker. theres also a old 50's style cruise in called wink's. they do cruise ins on fridays and saturdays. they draw a big crowd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts