·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Good luck paying that MSRP...

·
Registered
59 Posts
the miscalculation...

I'm not sure but I would imagine the miscalculation is actually from where it says that some of the items have been removed to protect the buyer. So there may have been another 2000 extra in options that the guy ordered but evidently did not want peeps to see.....just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Anyone remember the Shelby fiasco, where they sold all the cars for a certain price before they actually made the cars. And then they had to keep raising the prices to cover more costs, etc... Sounds a lot like that. There's no way I would buy a car before I got to test drive one that was just like it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I saw 2 on ebay a few days ago. Supposedly being sold by a "5-star Chrysler dealer". This is the same kind of price gouging some Ford dealers did with the GT 500 and Shelby GT. They also did it with the "new" Thunderbird a few years ago, and we all know how that worked out. I just hope common sense will prevail with the new Camaro, and not lead the dealerships to "pre-sell" Camaros at over-inflated prices. Hopefully manufacturing capability will prevent this!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Buy it now price of 67k. Whatever.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How much these sell for over sticker will probably be a good indication of what we can expect with the Camaro. It's got me thinking of waiting for a 2nd year car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree, for the few weeks or months before the realese of the camaro, there will prolly be dealers puttin them on ebay for their first deleveries, followed closely by an extremely high pricetag for the first few deleveries.

However, the challenger they are selling is the top of the line version(srt8?) If I remeber correctly, chevy wont be releasing the top of the line model right off the bat( completely opposite of the chally). But, its been sometime since I have been around here and things might(probably) changed some.

Just some food for thought.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The reason the Challenger's are selling so high is because this first year they are top model only and limited.
The Camaro is going to have more medels from the start and won't be limited.
They are hoping to sell 100,000 Camaros compared to 6,000-10,000 Challengers the first year.
That is over 1,000% more cars.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo ......

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
actually i just found out i'll be able to get a challenger at AN EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT:lol::cool::D:):mullet::bowdown:
see since the guy who owns the mitsu dealership also owns a chrysler/jeep dealership as well and chrysler owns not only jeep but dodge as well so i can get a discount! and i will not be paying any dealer markup.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts