Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
That car is gorgeous and I for one wish the Camaro had a tad more retro in it. I keep debating in my mind rather to change my order to the Challenger. That is just my opinion and everyone has one so I am not trying to get a debate started here about which one is best.

I guess age has something to do with it but I have felt styling in cars have suffered for 30 years. Every since the EPA started running the car industry. When I go to the lot and look at a Challenger I get the feeling of how nice it is to see something with styling from the good Ole days meshed with the new technology.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Its a good looking car, no argument there, but I'm glad they didn't go more retro with Camaro, why just redo a '69 Camaro? The Camaro is a new car with a new design, if people like the '67-'69 so much then why not just buy one of those or a glass body version. Sorry car guy, not directed at you, I've just heard this comment a lot from people and it baffles me every time.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Its a good looking car, no argument there, but I'm glad they didn't go more retro with Camaro, why just redo a '69 Camaro? The Camaro is a new car with a new design, if people like the '67-'69 so much then why not just buy one of those or a glass body version. Sorry car guy, not directed at you, I've just heard this comment a lot from people and it baffles me every time.
I agree. I'm glad the Camaro has retro queues, but isn't necessarily retro.

My friends black SRT8 though is one bad ass looking car. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I agree. I'm glad the Camaro has retro queues, but isn't necessarily retro.

My friends black SRT8 though is one bad ass looking car. :)
Oh I agree, they are definitely good looking, but if the Camaro did a full out retro like the Mustang and Challenger and being last to market they'd get labelled copy cats, but with a modern design people are going to be asking "why didn't the Challenger and Mustang do what the Camaro did?"

·
Registered
897 Posts
That was true of the current Mustang, but I think the 2010 is like the Camaro. Retro, but not.
Very true. Too bad for Ford it just doesn't have the impact of the Camaro look.:p

·
Registered
231 Posts
I guess people don't buy them because of the price for a good one is way too high and you don't have the new technology in it to make it a good everyday car. A glass body car is hardly what I would want for a trip across country. The 69 is probably one of the most popular cars in history next to the 55-57 Chevys and GM could have made a lot of cash with a nice retro. Not saying they won't make a lot with this car either. They could have started with a more retro and let it evolve into the more modern shape. Overall I don't think GM as a mind set is into the retro thing, and that is one reason why they are the Johnny come lately to this game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts