Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
Wow, another member had 12-15hp gain and your tests shows 3-4hp...now I am really confused...lol
12-15 is very unrealistic for just a filter... I tried it myself because if those gains were really possible from the K&N in the stock box I never would have bothered designing/building our cold air intake system, or buying anyone elses for that matter.

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
12-15 is very unrealistic for just a filter... I tried it myself because if those gains were really possible from the K&N in the stock box I never would have bothered designing/building our cold air intake system, or buying anyone elses for that matter.
:agree:... the friend I spoke of, didn't say it was only the paper part of the filter that gave him 12-15HP...
I know he had more into it, it was one of their kits and something else he had built for it.. If I remember correctly :facepalm:
Sorry for not stating that earlier :(
Edit: see my earlier statement (on pg one), I corrected my statement :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
328 Posts
When will people realize K&N filters flow more because they are less restrictive. Another words THEY PASS MORE DIRT!!! Has anyone noticed that the stock filter is almost twice as deep and twice the number of pleats in it? This stuff is all physics.... GM has many reasons for their designs, EPA, noise, effiency, engine life, etc, etc... When we design an
after market system we just look for the most power!! Which is okay as long as people realize there is a trade off.
OH and Jac Fab's does look pretty good!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
When will people realize K&N filters flow more because they are less restrictive. Another words THEY PASS MORE DIRT!!! Has anyone noticed that the stock filter is almost twice as deep and twice the number of pleats in it? This stuff is all physics.... GM has many reasons for their designs, EPA, noise, effiency, engine life, etc, etc... When we design an
after market system we just look for the most power!! Which is okay as long as people realize there is a trade off.
OH and Jac Fab's does look pretty good!
Test results please. :)

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Thanks for the guess. :D

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
Here is one set of non scientific results. I will find the laboratory tests too and post.
Filtration Testing for Amsoil, K&N, Napa, Jackson Racing, Baldwin, and Mazda air filters on a Miata
Just like you said above, you can't have your cake and eat it too... High flowing filters will let some dirt through, no doubt... But from looking at that test, the napa paper filter still let what would appear to be quite a bit of debris through... Obviously better than K&N's claimed 99% according to the test conductors page, but obviously not 100%, which asks the question of... If your air filter was 100% efficient -- Would any air even get through???

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
So K&N has been pulling our leg for 10+ years?....I never thought anyone could get 10-15hp just by using their filters.
Depends on how dirty and crappy the previous filter was, compared to changing to a brand new clean filter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts