Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what i heard the hood scoop on the SS is fake

if i get one i would want to cut it out to vent the engine, then get an aftermarket hood with heat extractors or cut out where the cowl induction would be or hopefully it is already cut out, to create an escape for the air going in

just an idea, was wondering if anybody had any advice or info
or whether it would help or hurt downforce/aerodynamics

if this is a repost srry

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did a similiar mod on the G8 as a heat extractor and it does work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just posted some pics here. I removed the rubber pieces, scraped the inner plastic cover, swaped sides with the rubber pieces and flipped them upside down.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just posted some pics here. I removed the rubber pieces, scraped the inner plastic cover, swaped sides with the rubber pieces and flipped them upside down.
in that list of photos in the thread u have, is it the last one that is the hood mod?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o, btw that is a very nice G8 u have, i like the custom work. i'm trying to get my mom to trade her caddy for a G8 lol

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is is Extracting the heat, not sucking in air. Negative pressure zone.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is is Extracting the heat, not sucking in air. Negative pressure zone.
wait i don't understand, i thought that was what i was asking, or are u responding to someone else?:confused:

i figured a heat extractor would draw the heat out through the hood, at a dead stop that is, not when your going of course, and you can see the heat waves coming out

i know it does this on cars with special hoods that have large heat extractors

on the camaro if i couldn't figure out a way to get the back of the cowl open, where cowl induction is on the first gen camaros, it wouldn't really be so much of a heat extractor as an engine venter, which was what i was planning on doing. i figure if i got the cowl part open then the air would be blowing in through the hood scoop, over the intake, cooling it down, and drawing the heat out through the back of the cowl

but then again that might apply lift on the hood which wouldn't be a good thing:no:

plus i think there are seals around the back of the engine, thanks to octanez28 for pics again
http://www.5thgen.org/images/Indy2008/?path=./&page=0&img=DSC05407.JPG

i don't know that much about cars, but i understand the general concept of how they work i think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.