Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, regardless of what the chassis is actually called, many many people will still call it an F-Body.
And who knows, there may end up being an F in the VIN number like before too.

Monday can't get here fast enough! :D
...I think this is the only time in my life that I will say that LOL :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
ah, man 395hp for the auto, thats not going to work I need at least 420hp out of the box. I'm 5'2" and its not really comfortable using my short legs (and tippy-toes) to push the clutch all the way in. Maybe the pedals in the manual will be a little shallower in this one than the previouse f-body & vettes. Any other shortys out wondering the samething?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
ah, man 395hp for the auto, thats not going to work I need at least 420hp out of the box. I'm 5'2" and its not really comfortable using my short legs (and tippy-toes) to push the clutch all the way in. Maybe the pedals in the manual will be a little shallower in this one than the previouse f-body & vettes. Any other shortys out wondering the samething?
You might want to try it before you decide. I'm g;detting the manual no matter what, so I'm just glad it has the higher number.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I second that. I too am getting the manual no matter what. 410-420 horses out of the box for me, please. Corvette fighter, yes. Mustang killer, even in V6 form? Obviously. Lighter, smaller, more horsepower than an R/T Challenger, and with a CAI and a Catback, an SRT8 killer? Yes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I definitly will test-drive both. It just that my 96' GrandSport had the 6-speed and the pedals were too deep to drive for a daily driver. lol, I may just add a block to the clutch pedal for the camaro. now my next worry is do I buy the SS or wait for the Z28?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm not sure if Inside Line has it right. It really sounds like they read everyone elses, drew some of their own conclusions, and got one of their best collabritive writers to toss it all together. Then again, this is the only thread Octane hasn't said he'd like to correct.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'm not sure if Inside Line has it right. It really sounds like they read everyone elses, drew some of their own conclusions, and got one of their best collabritive writers to toss it all together. Then again, this is the only thread Octane hasn't said he'd like to correct.
Man, if that's their best writer, then I'd hate to see the worst one....

This comes courtesy of the 6.2-liter LS3 V8 that will power SS models — those that are equipped with a manual transmission, anyway.

If GM's recent practice of slightly underestimating the output of its engines before certification holds, the 6.3-liter small-block should make about 425 hp.

6.3?

Oppenheiser estimates that the V6 Camaro will be able to return 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway. If these numbers hold up in EPA testing, they'll beat the Challenger SE's 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway even though the Chevy V8 makes 50 hp more than the Mopar motor.

V6 or V8? Doesn't anyone re-read their articles any more? These are very simple mistakes, that anyone should be able to catch.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh Boy

I hope this part isn't true: "Interior space is tight, especially in the rear, where Chevy has fitted two bucket seats in place of the Challenger's three-across bench. "This is a 2+2," says Oppenheiser. "Anyone that had to be chauffeured around in the back of a first-generation Camaro will be familiar with the concept"

That will kill it for me. We need a 4 seater and the bucket seat rears are not going to hack it. :BangHead: :BangHead:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I hope this part isn't true: "Interior space is tight, especially in the rear, where Chevy has fitted two bucket seats in place of the Challenger's three-across bench. "This is a 2+2," says Oppenheiser. "Anyone that had to be chauffeured around in the back of a first-generation Camaro will be familiar with the concept"

That will kill it for me. We need a 4 seater and the bucket seat rears are not going to hack it. :BangHead: :BangHead:
How will it be any different from the cars you already have?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thats

How will it be any different from the cars you already have?

Why I was hoping for a bench style rear seat. Everyone always gripes about getting out of the bucket style seats in the rear. Wife especially, and if your wife ain't happy NO ONE Is HAPPY! :D

If she looks back there and sees bucket style seats ,I'm done. I'll be driving the 4th gen for awhile. I thought about a Challenger but their mpg is horrendous. My TT SS gets better mileage then they do.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
If you really want the auto, I wouldn't let a little difference in HP upset you...the A6 has a nice low first gear...it'll accelerate fine. Besides...25hp is nothing a dyno-tune can't fix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts