Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Infotainment system" ?

Don't know if it happens to others but my CD doesn't seem to remember where it is. If I start the car and it's on the FM radio and then I switch to CD it starts at about the 3/4 way thru the track it starts on and it never starts on the track it was left on. If I change to radio while driving and then change back to the CD without shutting the car down it remembers.

I have lived with this since July of '09 and it still persists. I had the car in the shop (the only time) to have the GFX installed and they did an HVAC software upgrade but I have heard nothing since .... either here on this forum or from GM or the dealer that I bought from although the latter is definitely not a customer oriented dealer.

[edit]
Sorry for the double post ... tried to edit and screwed it up.
[/edit]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yes there is. And there is even a TSB for it on TISWEB so your dealer should know that there is....
20927511 N/A New software (coordinated with revised hardware) to improve USB interface (access increases from 2500 songs to 10000), applying to USB flash drives, Zunes, and other "Plays From Device" audio devices. Small improvements also made for minor bug fixes.

The newest version is DA/DX....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can someone link me to TISWEB for the bulletin for this upgrade? I am not familiar with it and the goog is directing me to Australian Poetry and some other site in the UK.

TIA

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Can someone link me to TISWEB for the bulletin for this upgrade? I am not familiar with it and the goog is directing me to Australian Poetry and some other site in the UK.

TIA
that should be the TSB number in my post (20927511) but here ya go:

TIS

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that should be the TSB number in my post (20927511) but here ya go:

TIS
I saw you gave me the number and I was good-to-go but I wanted to be able to see that site and maybe use it in the future.

Thanx much. :thumbsup:

DJ

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called a dealership today about this software upgrade and the tech writer said I may already have this upgrade (however the car has never been in the shop for repair).

Is there a way to see what software version is on my Infotainment system or do I have to let the dealer do that?

TIA

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Called a dealership today about this software upgrade and the tech writer said I may already have this upgrade (however the car has never been in the shop for repair).

Is there a way to see what software version is on my Infotainment system or do I have to let the dealer do that?

TIA
Yup, make sure your USB stick is in and press and hold the menu button for 5-8secs and it will be displayed on the radio face. Make sure you keep holding the button or it goes away quickly.

It will display both hardware and software versions as two letters each:

For example CC CE

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, make sure your USB stick is in and press and hold the menu button for 5-8secs and it will be displayed on the radio face. Make sure you keep holding the button or it goes away quickly.

It will display both hardware and software versions as two letters each:

For example CC CE
Sweet... thanx much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts