·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's where I stand...it's not a "muscle car" like they were in the old days....but I think the official new title for these cars "MODERN MUSCLE"...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Here's where I stand...it's not a "muscle car" like they were in the old days....but I think the official new title for these cars "MODERN MUSCLE"...what do you guys think?
Yes, that's fine with me. Of course you can call it anything you wish, except "riceburner". No rice here.:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Purple People Eater. Does not matter to me what they call it The only thing out of most's mouth who see mine will be, "**** that was fast" :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
A muscle car is an automobile with a high horse power engine, modest weight, capable of producing high levels of acceleration.

So classic muscle car or modern muscle car, its still a muscle car ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, but don't call it that, you might offend someone in these politically correct days. Better to go ahead and call it a "well-tissued automobile" just so you're safe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
well if they use the turbo 2.0 their is plenty of upgrade. i think mallet has one at 300 with just boost chip or something. so the idea is not a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I'm sorry this may upset some with how I see it but the new Camaro/Mustangs/Challengers and so on are " Sports Car's " Yes they are another vehicle that is carry on the name for there former brothers but I wouldnt consider a new car a Muscle car.
Muscle cars started with the 65 GTO and ran through the 70's.
Classics ruled the 50's
And So on.
I'm one is who dieing to own one of these new camaros but you wont hear me saying I gonna buy a muscle car.
just my Opinion.

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you ask me, when a car comes out having the extreme HP that this car will, then it can and should by all means be called a muscle car.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
It sure is. The vette is pure sports car, whereas the camaro is the quintessential muscle car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i would agree with the modern muscle to an extent, although as pointes out the term muscle car was used on the older cars. so lets call it a modern sports muscle car ;) and leave it at that LOL. no matter what you call it it will be nice to see the camaro name back on the street hunting down pony's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
500 is the new 300.

If this statement is correct, the only true "muscle cars" are the Viper, Z06, and Mustang GT500 (and above). Camaro only has 400 on SS (maybe Z28...).

Note: I forgot who said it, but I'd say it's pretty close to correct.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Muscle car.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Spaceship.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts