Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great News!!

My Camaro was picked up for production!:D

I got the call Saturday that my car was picked up for production. No exact date yet, he said he would know more in a week or so.

When I ordered in January I was told delivery would be in October. I am in shock.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats!!

Congratulaions! Enjoy that NEW Camaro.

Ge the word OUT to everyone so they will WAIT for their Camaros.

Becasue they WILL be worth the wait!

Ron

·
Registered
472 Posts
I really don't understand this "ready in October" concept.
If they can build 400-500 a day, isn't that about 2000 a week?
Isn't that about 2-3 months to build 20,000 cars? Are they going to be building unordered stock that substantially?
Really not trying to be a dick, I have every intention of getting myself into someone else's cancelled order sometime in early Summer. I've just got to get myself into one of these cars this year, but I'm test driving one first.......

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Great News!!

Congrats! I got that same call a week or so ago (time is a blurr since I am only looking FORWARD to delivery) I pre-ordered in October, so I am jealous... :lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Great News!!

I got the call Saturday that my car was picked up for production. No exact date yet, he said he would know more in a week or so.

When I ordered in January I was told delivery would be in October. I am in shock.....
You're now the second confirmed black SS that's made it to 3300 that's I've seen on this forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're now the second confirmed black SS that's made it to 3300 that's I've seen on this forum.
I was picked over the other SS pre-sold orders because I was the only one that didn't order the hurst shifter....so I was told.

Either way, I can't wait!

Maybe I will offer test drives so everyone can get a taste to hold them over til their cars are delivered....for a nominal fee of course :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
What I don't understand is they say they need to sell 100,000 in the first year, yet it will take them until the end of September just to build the first 13,000 preorders, at that rate they can't possibly meet their goal

·
Registered
472 Posts
What I don't understand is they say they need to sell 100,000 in the first year, yet it will take them until the end of September just to build the first 13,000 preorders, at that rate they can't possibly meet their goal

Maybe it has to do with the fact the 2010 model year will run from approximately March 2009 until August of 2010? :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
still, 14,000 from march to september, that is 7 months, that is 2,000 a month, which means it would take 50 months, or over 4 years to build 100,000 at that rate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts