Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i was do some drifting in my car the other day(before i put her away for the winter). I came around a turn and gave it some gas and the back end was slidding out. suddenly my Ipod freaks out and the radio goes into fuzz mode. just a bunch of buzzing. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PERFECT DRIFT! now i have noticed before with my radio that when using my ipod, some times it starts to skip and becomes very delayed when changing songs. anyone know whats going on? i figure id take it in to my dealership but they wouldnt be able to do anything without seeing or hearing what its doing.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I run into the same thing and I think I know what the problem is. I don't know where you put your iPod, but I normally just put mine in my center console or in the cup holder. When making tight turns/drifting or if you're just on a bumpy road the iPod gets bounced around. I think the connector to the iPod moves a bit which creates the static or the lagging effect. Normally I just unplug both ends at that point and plug them back in. This normally fixes the problem. I am, however, glad that I wasn't the only person experiencing this problem....not that it's a good thing.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Ok, so i was do some drifting in my car the other day(before i put her away for the winter). I came around a turn and gave it some gas and the back end was slidding out. suddenly my Ipod freaks out and the radio goes into fuzz mode. just a bunch of buzzing. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PERFECT DRIFT! now i have noticed before with my radio that when using my ipod, some times it starts to skip and becomes very delayed when changing songs. anyone know whats going on? i figure id take it in to my dealership but they wouldnt be able to do anything without seeing or hearing what its doing.
You drift? How cheap are your 22" tires? :eek:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run into the same thing and I think I know what the problem is. I don't know where you put your iPod, but I normally just put mine in my center console or in the cup holder. When making tight turns/drifting or if you're just on a bumpy road the iPod gets bounced around. I think the connector to the iPod moves a bit which creates the static or the lagging effect. Normally I just unplug both ends at that point and plug them back in. This normally fixes the problem. I am, however, glad that I wasn't the only person experiencing this problem....not that it's a good thing.
when you had the same problem did it keep buzzing really loud through the speakers or did it stop after a while. mine does it until i turn it off.
also does your do the same mine does as far as the song pulsating when you try to change the song to the next?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the next set im going with is Nitto INVO. i can get them for about 900 a set. and i saw pirelli p zero for about 1000 a set.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
is drifting necessarily good for any part of the car???:lol:

just saying.:p

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That would be funny. Get the tech in the car and see if you can get him to scream.. Just watch out for the cops. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
when you had the same problem did it keep buzzing really loud through the speakers or did it stop after a while. mine does it until i turn it off.
also does your do the same mine does as far as the song pulsating when you try to change the song to the next?
I don't get a loud buzzing. Mine will just cut out. And yes I'll get the pulsating lag when switching songs or searching my playlist.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't get a loud buzzing. Mine will just cut out. And yes I'll get the pulsating lag when switching songs or searching my playlist.
well, try drifting. youll get the loud buzz. did you go to your dealer to see if they can do anything or replaceit? i figure if i go in their they are going to say they dont know what is wrong and cant get it to do it and nothing will get accomplished. mies been doingthis since the 3rd ot 4th day i got the car. just didnt bother me enough to take it in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts