Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Judging from your avatar picture, you have the RS package. The RS does not have fog lights, they are DRL's (day time running lights) that automatically come on when you start the car in the day time.

Good catch maybe i need to start wearing my glasses more :lol:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Judging from your avatar picture, you have the RS package. The RS does not have fog lights, they are DRL's (day time running lights) that automatically come on when you start the car in the day time.
Oh. Thanks for that info. I thought they were fog, but DRL are cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
No problem. I think most camaro owners with the RS package thought the same thing when they first bought their car, myself included.

Advanced Automotive Concepts, one of our sponsors, has a kit that will replace the factory DRL bulbs with LED's that better match the stock HID's and you can also get a connector that will turn the halos on when the drl's are on. RedJewell2SS has this setup and it looks sharp. It's on my wish list.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. I think most camaro owners with the RS package thought the same thing when they first bought their car, myself included.

Advanced Automotive Concepts, one of our sponsors, has a kit that will replace the factory DRL bulbs with LED's that better match the stock HID's and you can also get a connector that will turn the halos on when the drl's are on. RedJewell2SS has this setup and it looks sharp. It's on my wish list.
Great info. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
no fog lights with the rs package. when i first got mine i thought they put the wrong light switch in my car. i thought they were fogs too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
LOL, I hate to read the back of tv dinners can anyone tell me how to cook a spaghetti Kids cuisine in the microwave?

Oh I could read the box and its faster than walking to my cpu logging on to the internets, logging onto Moderncamaro. Posting a thread, then waiting for a response? LOL. Im sorry I had to .

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
LOL, I hate to read the back of tv dinners can anyone tell me how to cook a spaghetti Kids cuisine in the microwave?

Oh I could read the box and its faster than walking to my cpu logging on to the internets, logging onto Moderncamaro. Posting a thread, then waiting for a response? LOL. Im sorry I had to .
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL,

Well, I'm in my office, already logged on, the car is six floors below, and the manual is at home, so actually, I got an answer much faster by asking you guys! :5go:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since we're kinda on the topic....can anyone tell me what all the noise is when you hit the high beams?

Do this - get in your ride and close the door. Don't start it or touch the radio....hit the high beams and listen.

When I did this in the silence of my garage, I couldn't believe how LOUD the high beams are on the RS pkg. What's causing all that racket? :confused:

Does anyone else hear what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i thought it was a wierd sound too, how it made a loud click... then again a honda civic with no muffler sounds like a wet fart, and apparently they think that is normal too :lol:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Since we're kinda on the topic....can anyone tell me what all the noise is when you hit the high beams?

Do this - get in your ride and close the door. Don't start it or touch the radio....hit the high beams and listen.

When I did this in the silence of my garage, I couldn't believe how LOUD the high beams are on the RS pkg. What's causing all that racket? :confused:

thats probably the ballast for the HID lights.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Please correct me If I am wrong. The sound you here is the eyelid style flap for the Bixenon system to. When you first turn on HID lights like those in the RS it takes .5 second or so to fully illuminate. So if the Highbeams had to ignite it would take too long. The work around was to put the flap in there that opens in less time then it would take the light to fully ignite. Now for when the low-beams are not on I have no idea!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I'm in my office, already logged on, the car is six floors below, and the manual is at home, so actually, I got an answer much faster by asking you guys! :5go:
Smack down!!!!!!!!!

Nice shot.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Have you been playing records backwards again? Sorry everyone. Just fiesty today.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts