Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's finally ready ... and well worth the wait!

732rwhp + 644ftlbs ... what a brilliant effort!

A HUGE thank you to Ryne and Mike and CMS and Gordy, Joe and Steve at PFAFF Engines, Chris and Tim (TA Performance) from Mantic.

I am absolutely confident that I had the very best people in my corner on this project ... and the results speak for themselves!

Cms built whippled 2011 Camaro 732rwhp 644 rwtq - YouTube

·
Registered
394 Posts
wowzers!!!! good job!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks everyone ... yeah pretty happy with that result! (understatement of the year!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I brought it home today ... didn't want the 1 & 1/4 hr drive to end! It is totally the best of everything. Sounds unbelievably tough when its sitting there idling, then gets up and pulls incredibly strong all the way through the rev range ... and then becomes very civilized on the highway with no drone or cam surging.

LOVE IT! Thanks Ryne!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dyno sheets

Here are the dyno sheets:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta also say, that Mantic 9000 Series clutch is amazing. Pedal feel is no harder than stock, no shudder or slipping issues .... even with a big cam and over 700rwhp.

This is what I ended up going for: Performance Clutches | Twin Disc

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, twin disc units are awesome like that. I a lot of cases you can get away with using stock material on the friction discs to that you still get a long service life out of the unit plus double the torque holding capacity at no extra pedal effort.

Kevlar has an even longer service life yet I don't see it used much. Its either OEM material or ceramic. The ceramics hold a lot better, but I have been threw too many of them..the ceramic eats the **** out of the pressure plate and the flywheel. If you had an aluminum flywheel its not much of an issue since you can get new inserts, but if you have a steel FW, then you have to resurface...and can only take out so much before on some cars before you have adjustment issues or friction disc to spline contact issues on the trans input shaft; if the disc does not slide all the way onto the splines the powertrain will vibrate like crazy because the disc will clamp slightly off center.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts